Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Shift Sector 10/28/17 Results Thread

Hey guys,

Back from another long Saturday spent at Shift Sector!

This event they introduced something called a "sponsor sticker" so vendors who sponsor the event (like BMS) are able to cut in the front of line for runs. Which made the event a lot more fun. Click here to enlarge Conditions were warm with sketchy traction. Par for the course. Click here to enlarge

Unfortunately the really fun cars we wanted to bring out (white single turbo 135i, Payam's single turbo 335i) were both still apart, so we brought some backup cars instead.

Payam raced our MT E92 and after running around 152mph on a so-so run at 24psi we had high hopes for it, but during a run in 4th it blew off the hotside chargepipe and none of us felt like working on our backs in the parking lot to try to fix it. Oh well, NFZ is right around the corner. Click here to enlarge

I raced our lightly modified C7 Z06 (BMS drop in, E30 tune) and it ran a drama free best of 162mph.

Jason raced our development Pure Turbo M3 and ran around 163mph, fast and consistent as always.

Jon brought our M5 which we're testing a new control board and twin bank BCM control with. Overall testing went well, around 159mph at 23psi, good boost control bank to bank, safety systems work, and I've got a load of test data to evaluate on the car as we continue to refine that upgrade before it's release.

Steve@Fuel-IT joined us with his development M4 and managed a solid 166mph run. Maybe faster after I left.

We were also able to meet with several customers and help out where needed. Eric's JB4 only M3 ran 153mph, and Kenny's N55 135 147mph. A few others I didn't see times for but I'm sure they'll chime in. Click here to enlarge

There was also a sweet McLaren 570S running 160mph, and a 720S running 169mph, to give you an idea of how the track times were today.

More photos and details to follow!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Vids?!?!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Decent times for BMS considering the 135 stayed home again. I’d love to see Terry’s 135 take down that 720S McLaren. Click here to enlarge

Drama free 162 MPH Z06 is a tempting alternative to a high powered N54 that requires constant attention.

Were these races from a roll or dig?
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Fuel-It Stage 4 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Almost everyone ran from a dig, if you go from a roll, then you wind up going a lot less than 1/2 mile.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Had a great time at Shift Sector as usual. As Terry mentioned earlier, the faster cars are still under construction lol.

I was racing the Pure stage 2 E92 on map 7 (20 Psi) a few runs just to check and evaluate the logs. At a 40mph roll from the cones I did 140mph. I did a dig shortly after so I can see the delta and I trapped 148 that run. Those were both on map 7.

After going through the logs and making sure it all looked good. I got a confirmation from Terry to turn it up! Map 6 at 25 psi made a nice difference! I did a dig and bested a 153 mph run with a slow launch. On the next run at around 140mph right before going into 5th, the charge pipe blew off. Click here to enlarge what a bummer! We just called it a day after that run cause it was really hot.

Got some videos, next time I will remember to use the wider screen option on the camera.

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moving this to Regional.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I heard Tony's VTT car went 174 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
    I heard Tony's VTT car went 174 mph.
    Yup, I was there. 173.6mph very fast! This is last year thread though LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha. Man I need to learn to read. Lol