Close

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 1317

Thread: Alpina B3 Flash DIY using WinKFP

              
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stickys mouth
    Posts
    2,351
    Rep Points
    6.0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have full INPA and WinkFP working, but you know ....
    Unfortunately I do. Not that I would ask you to do mine but have you done it to yours?

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,280
    Rep Points
    1,388.3
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I know the mechatronic has direct inputs for the gear up and gear down switches. Check out the documents in the sticky. I think the paddles shifters connect directly to the mechatronics and not through a separate module that talks to the transmission via CAN.

    Up can check which 0pa file (firmware file) your DME is running by using the "Identification" page in NPA. Its called the "part number" on that page. For instance mine is 7611397, which appears in the MSD80 folder as 7611397A.0PA.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    98.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I your local and in New York ofcourse I can provide the service for you.
    I will be in touch...

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    78
    Rep Points
    319.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    **Interesting (and this is just from looking at the B3 & B3 GT3 photo gallery on their website), the regular B3 has no paddles installed on the steering wheel while the B3 GT3 has DCT-style paddles (left downshifts, right upshifts).

    Got me thinking....I know when you install the M3 paddles on LCI's you have to modify the wiring to install them. Being that the GT3 has the same DCT paddles as the M3, maybe the wiring needs to be switched for it to work on the LCI's? I have an 04/09 car and hope this gets resolved. I would love to have working paddles once i get this done.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Just flashed another 2007 production date 7/07 and it works flawlessly again...Paddles no issues..I dunno at this point. I will leave it at that until I hear from more people with flashes done to newer builds 09 and up..

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Points
    1,771.0
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got me thinking....I know when you install the M3 paddles on LCI's you have to modify the wiring to install them. Being that the GT3 has the same DCT paddles as the M3, maybe the wiring needs to be switched for it to work on the LCI's? I have an 04/09 car and hope this gets resolved. I would love to have working paddles once i get this done.
    Anything's worth trying at this point. I know my car is working completely fine with the Alpina Flash & the dual function paddles. But once again I'm pre-LCI; we're unsure whether or not I have MSD80 or MSD81 tho Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    36.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went in with my COBB ProTune installed. We flashed the Alpina TCM software, no problem & it's been driving flawless since. I really hope that Wedge, Cn555ic & myself somehow aren't the lucky 3 cars that this is working flawlessly on because the 6AT community will really benefit from this software upgrade.



    Alpina lists their tech specs on the B3 here (the B3 GT3 are the same): http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/en...ata/coupe.html

    The engine management is the Siemens MSD81 and Transmission is the ZF 6-speed Sport Automatic 6HP19 Tu

    **Interesting (and this is just from looking at the B3 & B3 GT3 photo gallery on their website), the regular B3 has no paddles installed on the steering wheel while the B3 GT3 has DCT-style paddles (left downshifts, right upshifts).


    Once you get the flash started, it takes 10 mins
    Between @Wedge1967 and @Cn555ic There is well over ten cars flashed plus Terry and others so it reliably works for the 07 and 08 cars. (oops didn't see you were pre LCI. So scratch that.)

    I noticed the same thing as you, the B3's don't have paddles like us but small buttons on the top of the spokes of the steering wheels with plus or minus on them. If you watch the youtube videos of their reviews you can see them. It must be something Alpina adds to the steering wheels. But all the vids I've seen them in are older ones so the cars had to be 07's in them.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    36.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was the one who had the flash done today by Cn555ic. Anyone in the NJ/NY/PA/CT are should see this man. Pure proffessional genius. I really didn't care much about the paddles not working since the tranny performance had me grinning from ear to ear. I hope it does get figured out so others that like to use the paddles can use them and when I sell my car it would help if they worked. No question though about the choice between paddles and no flash or flash and no paddles. Its no paddles all day. I never used them anyway. Plus M mode automatic switching and rev matching is so precise. I'm never going back to stock TCU.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    8.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got me thinking....I know when you install the M3 paddles on LCI's you have to modify the wiring to install them. Being that the GT3 has the same DCT paddles as the M3, maybe the wiring needs to be switched for it to work on the LCI's? I have an 04/09 car and hope this gets resolved. I would love to have working paddles once i get this done.
    This was my first thought as well. I haven't seen a B3 in person, but I've driven the Alpina Z8 Roadsters and B7's, and Alpina has always used their own button design instead of paddles. Without doing any digging, I'm thinking the pre-LCI cars have paddles that work in the same way as the Alpina switches (and the M3 paddles), but differently than the LCI paddles. Would be interesting to see the wiring diagram for the B3 shift switches. Might answer some questions.
    Oh well.... since my car is 1/07 production, I'm out of luck anyway. Would loved to do this,

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,083
    Rep Points
    994.5
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SaviorXi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was the one who had the flash done today by Cn555ic. Anyone in the NJ/NY/PA/CT are should see this man. Pure proffessional genius. I really didn't care much about the paddles not working since the tranny performance had me grinning from ear to ear. I hope it does get figured out so others that like to use the paddles can use them and when I sell my car it would help if they worked. No question though about the choice between paddles and no flash or flash and no paddles. Its no paddles all day. I never used them anyway. Plus M mode automatic switching and rev matching is so precise. I'm never going back to stock TCU.
    Hmmm you have an xi. Any 07-08 MSD81 xi cars flash and have working paddle shifters?

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Did an XI 3 days ago it was a 2008 production date 2/08 and paddle shifters worked. Still need some info on newer flashes...Next week we will know for sure as alot of folks waiting on their cables to arrive. Probably refreshing their tracking nubmers a thousand times a day!

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,083
    Rep Points
    994.5
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did an XI 3 days ago it was a 2008 production date 2/08 and paddle shifters worked. Still need some info on newer flashes...Next week we will know for sure as alot of folks waiting on their cables to arrive. Probably refreshing their tracking nubmers a thousand times a day!
    Oh that 02/08 xi was a msd81?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh that 02/08 xi was a msd81?

    No Ben you have to make up your mind...Flash and no paddles vs OEM and paddles...Let me know your intentions.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    This post by Turkeybaster115 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  15. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offers different displays, fixes some timing drop issues at shift, and has a different shift feel. Nothing major.

    Why do you show so much negativity on this? I mean I understand you cant get this flash for your car, but seriously you have not even sat in a flashed or driven one, so your opinion is moot...Please stop throwing your opinion on it until you actually experienced a ride with someone that can have this and not locked out because of hardware... By stating this you sound really dumb.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    36.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offers different displays, fixes some timing drop issues at shift, and has a different shift feel. Nothing major.
    "Nothing Major" What? This is a huge advancement and is an amazing upgrade. I disagree and think it is very major.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,358
    Rep Points
    25,733.4
    Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you show so much negativity on this? I mean I understand you cant get this flash for your car, but seriously you have not even sat in a flashed or driven one, so your opinion is moot...Please stop throwing your opinion on it until you actually experienced a ride with someone that can have this and not locked out because of hardware... By stating this you sound really dumb.
    How he is.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offers different displays, fixes some timing drop issues at shift, and has a different shift feel. Nothing that I can HAVE Click here to enlarge
    Fixed!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    577
    Rep Points
    898.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you show so much negativity on this? I mean I understand you cant get this flash for your car, but seriously you have not even sat in a flashed or driven one, so your opinion is moot...Please stop throwing your opinion on it until you actually experienced a ride with someone that can have this and not locked out because of hardware... By stating this you sound really dumb.
    lol i wish i had the same attitude, it would less exite me to get my car running again... but unfortunately i cant stop thinking about how my car is gonna shift after I'm done with it :'( so exited, the fact that i have 3 exams coming up isn't helping!
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    96
    Rep Points
    128.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well I guess coming from China I have to wait a few more days to try and flash my 09xi, just not sure I want to lost my paddles.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you show so much negativity on this? I mean I understand you cant get this flash for your car, but seriously you have not even sat in a flashed or driven one, so your opinion is moot...Please stop throwing your opinion on it until you actually experienced a ride with someone that can have this and not locked out because of hardware... By stating this you sound really dumb.
    First of all, it's pirated dude, so calm down. No one has ever had any kind of driveability issues with the stock oem trans tune. We've had this vehicle for a while now, and Hotrod was the first to document the fact that somewhere below the high 11's, the OEM tranny will die. Again the maximum input torque from the manufacturer is 295ft/lbs for the 6HP19 (want to push more torque? they offer 6hp26,28,30 etc). It's only a tad over built, but that's it. Take a look at the G37 6ATs for example. Upgrade to the Twin turbo aftermarket kit, and the trans dies. All those guys just sent their trannys to level 10, and are running 10s all day. No trans flash needed, just beefed up metals.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    577
    Rep Points
    898.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, it's pirated dude, so calm down. No one has ever had any kind of driveability issues with the stock oem trans tune. We've had this vehicle for a while now, and Hotrod was the first to document the fact that somewhere below the high 11's, the OEM tranny will die. Again the maximum input torque from the manufacturer is 295ft/lbs for the 6HP19 (want to push more torque? they offer 6hp26,28,30 etc). It's only a tad over built, but that's it. Take a look at the G37 6ATs for example. Upgrade to the Twin turbo aftermarket kit, and the trans dies. All those guys just sent their trannys to level 10, and are running 10s all day. No trans flash needed, just beefed up metals.

    really? lol

    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed!
    I find and install a non oem whaler thermostat, which slowed down warm up. You said it was crap. Now you go bootleg a mild TCU flash, which changes shift feel, and might reduce shift times in milliseconds, and you want to be worshiped?

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,137.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, it's pirated dude, so calm down. No one has ever had any kind of driveability issues with the stock oem trans tune. We've had this vehicle for a while now, and Hotrod was the first to document the fact that somewhere below the high 11's, the OEM tranny will die. Again the maximum input torque from the manufacturer is 295ft/lbs for the 6HP19 (want to push more torque? they offer 6hp26,28,30 etc). It's only a tad over built, but that's it. Take a look at the G37 6ATs for example. Upgrade to the Twin turbo aftermarket kit, and the trans dies. All those guys just sent their trannys to level 10, and are running 10s all day. No trans flash needed, just beefed up metals.

    You know what..I have nothing else to say to you but thank god you cant get this flash because it would eat me alive knowing that my DIY helped you have it...Since you can't I will sleep good tonight..

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How he is.
    Gaining forum membership by promoting piracy. How you are.

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •