Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible future real LPFP solution

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not just great news. If they indeed did manage to pull it off this will be single handedly THE most important upgrade for this platform

Agreed!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tony do you anyone that can work on our injectors?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    +1 they may be able to flow a lot but OMG they're always failing. I good dependable set would be real nice.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    If the 2100cc rating I've seen for the injectors is accurate then the injectors should NEVER be an issue.

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    If the 2100cc rating I've seen for the injectors is accurate then the injectors should NEVER be an issue.
    Size isn't the issue. Dependability is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    VARGASTURBO.COM............where $#@! gets real!

Tony you're on fire.....next thing you know you'll be tellin' me you developed a squash air freshener that never loses scent. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

REAL LPFP and HPFP Upgrades + ProEFI ECU with Flex Fuel = A legit 100% E85 fueling setup with proper tuning & fail safes in place. This also addresses one of the biggest problems on this platform (fueling) and sets the table for high horsepower N54 setups (whether it's Vargas Stage 3s, Single Turbos, or whatever else comes along). It's been said already, but thanks a lot Tony for taking the point on this & pushing for a real fueling development.

Time to start saving the pennies Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Oooooo

at first i was like 'ehhhh lpfp upgrade is cool but ehhhh'.. Then i kept reading an ooooooooOoOOOOOOH

so we can assume the hpfp can flow enough for .. 550-600whp? 60% more flow would mean it'd all be capable of 850-900+ which would be PLENTY, on stock di aloneClick here to enlarge

i totally agree with the above ^_^.. And if proefi come through with the PI manifold as well, we'd all be able to laugh at the fact the platform ever had fuelling issues lol

Keep up the amazing work tony!.. You came in wanting to make some simple turbos, and have carried through with making them even better, releasing custom parts to the public, and now potentially sourcing a full fuelling upgrade?

the worst part is, it doesn't sound like it was too painful for you to do either haha. I guess with the stage III, it's the first serious NEED for it though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great work Tony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Exciting times for the N54 platform, thanks Tony! Its about time for a 'real' LPFP solution unlike the joke of that FFTEC 'upgrade'. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

would like to see some I.D. injectors in a 335, I will try it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by three35iguy Click here to enlarge
    Are you going to be able to successfully code those with any of the current tune options (basically, you're limited to the OEM DME)?

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not sure gonna do some research but tuners love the reliability of these and would like to see these in a 335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

what are they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

not sure gonna do some research but tuners love the reliability of these and would like to see these in a 335
    Click here to enlarge I mean it only makes sense that if we can eliminate one of the majority N54 problems (LPFP/HPFP failure), then why not eliminate another source of headaches (Injector Failure). I have a feeling though that none of the current, popular tune options (COBB, JB4, PROcede) will be able to tune for aftermarket injectors since they all work off the OEM DME. Increasing boost, timing & fueling tables is one thing, but coding for non-OEM injectors might create a headache.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    what are they?
    Aftermarket Fuel Injectors (Injector Dynamics is the company) that range from 715cc to 2225cc (which obviously become a necessary upgrade when you really start adding serious HP)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anybody know if wall wetting will become an issue with increased fueling in DI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very exciting news indeed. With upgraded turbos running on E85, and not being a real die-hard DIY guy, I will definitely look forward to having this upgrade option.
    Like some of the others said, if I had enough rep points, you'd get some from me as well.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | STETT CP | Forge DV | AFE Stage 2 DCI | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HPFP-Upgrade FTW

I am glad that i haven't replaced mine, yet.

:-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Some real quality vendors on here. I don't even own a BMW right now and I spend more time on this forum than I do anywhere else on the net.
    +1 me too Click here to enlarge

Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge I mean it only makes sense that if we can eliminate one of the majority N54 problems (LPFP/HPFP failure), then why not eliminate another source of headaches (Injector Failure). I have a feeling though that none of the current, popular tune options (COBB, JB4, PROcede) will be able to tune for aftermarket injectors since they all work off the OEM DME. Increasing boost, timing & fueling tables is one thing, but coding for non-OEM injectors might create a headache.

Aftermarket Fuel Injectors (Injector Dynamics is the company) that range from 715cc to 2225cc (which obviously become a necessary upgrade when you really start adding serious HP)
    i'm strongly assuming proEFI could handle aftermarket injectors considering it's taking over the stock Di as well as PI injection

I don't believe anyones had a high-power related injector failure yet, so.. i guess that's a 'will fix if/when it breaks' thing?.. also, weren't faulty injectors a batch related thing? and you only replace them if the serials relate to a specific batch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro92 Click here to enlarge
    Anybody know if wall wetting will become an issue with increased fueling in DI?
    no, the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder, it cannot do anything other than burn, the AFR is exactly the same always (as i belive the main problem of wall-wetting is, fuel not making it into the cylinder, by pooling on the walls of the intake manifold?)

as always, someone correct me if i'm wrong*

also, the way DI works (especially in the N54) it has high precision injection, so the fuel is almost literally burnt as soon as its' injected, without having the chance to pool on a wall, remaining atomized (which is the very reason they chose high precision DI, no wasted fuel, more precise fuelling, better fuel economy and emissions!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

i'm strongly assuming proEFI could handle aftermarket injectors considering it's taking over the stock Di as well as PI injection

I don't believe anyones had a high-power related injector failure yet, so.. i guess that's a 'will fix if/when it breaks' thing?
    I completely agree that for aftermarket injectors to work, it would require replacing the OEM DME with a standalone system (ProEFI) to take over all engine related functions. Outside of injectors failing on their own (on both stock & highly modified cars), I don't think there's a particular setup that's more susceptible to injector failure (like ST kits). I wouldn't say it's a "we'll fix it when we get there" thing because clearly the OEM injectors are a problem where they're repeatedly failing. If it was as simple as swapping out the OEM injectors for higher flow ones (like on the higher HP S65 supercharge kits), then it would've been done already (I understand the S65 isn't a DI motor, so this probably simplifies things).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I had the bad batch of injectors replaced under recall. A year later the new part numbers started failing too. I'm not a big fan of these injectors and i bet many more people have bad injectors and just don't know it.

I don't believe anyones had a high-power related injector failure yet, so.. i guess that's a 'will fix if/when it breaks' thing?.. also, weren't faulty injectors a batch related thing? and you only replace them if the serials relate to a specific batch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

no, the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder, it cannot do anything other than burn, the AFR is exactly the same always (as i belive the main problem of wall-wetting is, fuel not making it into the cylinder, by pooling on the walls of the intake manifold?)

as always, someone correct me if i'm wrong*

also, the way DI works (especially in the N54) it has high precision injection, so the fuel is almost literally burnt as soon as its' injected, without having the chance to pool on a wall, remaining atomized (which is the very reason they chose high precision DI, no wasted fuel, more precise fuelling, better fuel economy and emissions!)
    No the issue with wall wetting comes from the DI spraying so much that the cylinder wall is washed with fuel. This could remove the oil protecting it thus causing catastrophic failure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Getting rid of DI entirely is a stupid idea. Its one of the reasons this engine has good economy, quick spool, and high power output. You will need to rebuild the motor to lower CR if you ditch DI. I don't think a few injector replacements are worth going that route, especially because "I heard some tuners like one brand of port injectors". I have been running E85 for over 40k miles now with not one injector related issue. If I get that problem, its a $120 fix, no big deal.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast