Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok well I don't have any mental illness and my health is in good standing

I want an AR15

is that possible with me living in NY
    Hahhaahaah! The only thing that's possible for you in NY is to defend yourself with a spork. And they might eliminate those soon since it's a fork and a spoon and that confuses people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I want an AR15

It's possible. You just wont have as much ammo in the magazine with the new law that was just signed by Cuomo.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I want an AR15

LoL cant in NY or Chicago. Yet well we know the stats.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Is that rifle listed under banned assault weapons? I can't find any information about it being banned in New York. The only changes I see is the magazine sizes are restricted from 10 to 7.
    Click here to enlarge

folgrz is offline Stop looking at me SWAN!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hahhaahaah! The only thing that's possible for you in NY is to defend yourself with a spork. And they might eliminate those soon since it's a fork and a spoon and that confuses people.
    I $#@!ing LOVE sporks. I'm going to taco bell straight after work!! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    It's possible. You just wont have as much ammo in the magazine with the new law that was just signed by Cuomo.
    If this is true then I'm going to buy 3 AR15's tomorrow or AK47's whichever I can get my hands on. Maybe a Benelli M4 tactical

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    If this is true then I'm gonna have to turn into Nicholas Cage in Lord of War and start trafficking some AR15's for the black market in NY!!!!! Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG_M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

If this is true then I'm gonna have to turn into Nicholas Cage in Lord of War and start trafficking some AR15's for the black market in NY!!!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

I $#@!ing LOVE sporks.
    I know, how great are they?

But they may be used as an assault utensil. Assault on a burrito.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

But then that burrito would be used as an assault weapon as well. Assault on my intestines and bowel movements, oh and the toilet :p
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

But then that burrito would be used as an assault weapon as well. Assault on my intestines and bowel movements, oh and the toilet :p
    We have no choice but to ban sporks and burritos. For the children.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We have no choice but to band sporks and burritos. For the children.
    for the kids

Trick love tha kidssssss!

Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I $#@!ing LOVE sporks. I'm going to taco bell straight after work!! Click here to enlarge

If this is true then I'm going to buy 3 AR15's tomorrow or AK47's whichever I can get my hands on. Maybe a Benelli M4 tactical
    This is the new New York assault weapons ban law, so I guess you can't have that AR-15, unless I'm reading it all wrong. If you had owned it already then you could keep it, just would have to register it with the state.

22. "Assault weapon" means [(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics) a folding or telescoping stock;(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;(iii) a bayonet mount;(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;(v) a grenade launcher; or(b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics i) a folding or telescoping stock;(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:

(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer;(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non trigger hand without being burned;(iv) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm; or:

(d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known asi) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);(iv) Colt AR-15;(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;(vii) Steyr AUG;(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

(e) provided, however, that such term does not include: (i) any rifle,shotgun or pistol that (A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or (C) is an antique firearm as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16);(ii) a semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;(iii) a semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine;(iv) a rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof,specified in Appendix A to section 922 of 18 U.S.C. as such weapon was manufactured on October first, nineteen hundred ninety-three.

The mere fact that a weapon is not listed in Appendix A shall not be construed to mean that such weapon is an assault weapon; or(v) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semi automatic pistol or any of the weapons defined in paragraph (d) of this subdivision lawfully possessed prior to September fourteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four.]
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Well, im somewhat relieved, but also see the master plan at work.

This directly relates to do something yet doing nothing.. at face value.

all the mental health issues now, are of particular note, among what a select few of us call the "warrior class" those of us that have ability to think and use these weapons for what they are, and a sever allegiance to the Constitution..

what is a "mental issue" ? is it ptsd? is it cant sleep? is it depressions? is it feeling "down".. on a questionnaire..? who makes the decision, and how long are the mandates for?

basically, a touchy subject, but of the service members, how many claim to have ptsd? (a lot, but most are scamming POG's)
    next, PDMRA, a questionnaire for post deployment analysis asks some question.. "do you ... have you" etc.. have a loss of interest in hobbies. or miss the adrenaline rush of operations, etc.. do these count? are they retro-active?

I fear what the future holds..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Well, im somewhat relieved, but also see the master plan at work.

This directly relates to do something yet doing nothing.. at face value.

all the mental health issues now, are of particular note, among what a select few of us call the "warrior class" those of us that have ability to think and use these weapons for what they are, and a sever allegiance to the Constitution..

what is a "mental issue" ? is it ptsd? is it cant sleep? is it depressions? is it feeling "down".. on a questionnaire..? who makes the decision, and how long are the mandates for?

basically, a touchy subject, but of the service members, how many claim to have ptsd? (a lot, but most are scamming POG's)
    next, PDMRA, a questionnaire for post deployment analysis asks some question.. "do you ... have you" etc.. have a loss of interest in hobbies. or miss the adrenaline rush of operations, etc.. do these count? are they retro-active?

I fear what the future holds..
    I don't know, anything that requires you to take the FDA approved medicine? I don't like the idea about your physician asking you about owning guns, unless you break both your hands and he suggest not to try and operate your gun with your feet cause it could prove hazardous to your health and others...but then again that falls under common sense, but then again common sense is severely lacking as of late in the population.
    Click here to enlarge

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    broke!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Background checks on all gun sales makes sense this closes a loophole that more than a few criminals slid through in order to get weapons. Making sure the mentally ill cant get weapons makes perfectly good sense to me, I also have no issue in saying that households that have mentally ill people shouldnt have access to weapons. We already say that if you have a restraining order against you that you cant possess weapons or purchase new ones. People with RO's have in theory demonstrated violence of some sort. Same with convicted criminals they cant get guns either nobody is bothered by the latter two categories so adding in the mentally ill should pose no concern.

I wont get into the magazines and assault riffles issue its to hot a subject...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

for the kids

Trick love tha kidssssss!

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...LZxLAYag-1.jpg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Background checks on all gun sales makes sense this closes a loophole that more than a few criminals slid through in order to get weapons.

concur
    Making sure the mentally ill cant get weapons makes perfectly good sense to me,

yes.. but who decides and whats the criteria? waaay to vague to be blanketed

I also have no issue in saying that households that have mentally ill people shouldnt have access to weapons.

disagree. I actually had this talk today with a soldier who feels this way, but has a medicated child in the house..
    what if they had to self identify, take specific precautions, take a specific course on safekeeping, and agreed to a no less than 18-24 month random inspection of storage?

We already say that if you have a restraining order against you that you cant possess weapons or purchase new ones.

concur
    People with RO's have in theory demonstrated violence of some sort.

concur
    Same with convicted criminals they cant get guns either nobody is bothered by the latter two categories so adding in the mentally ill should pose no concern.

again, leave too much to interpretation before logical pro-gun people would accept it

I wont get into the magazines and assault riffles issue its to hot a subject...
    I read nothing on this yet, but Biden is sure to be his dumb self and not disappoint with great fanflare, NY is $#@!ing stupid. I cant see cuomo getting any further in his career after that..
    bold

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    broke!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

I see your points... We would need to clarify what constitutes mentally ill in order to better screen what makes sense. This is where common sense, talking to mental health pro's and the houses get together to make that work. I would want the criminals to be focused on violent offenders who committed armed robberies for instance, people who were caught with distribution levels of drugs, sex offenders of all types no exceptions. I would look at people who used say a vehicle as a weapon as another for instance. I think most people get the common sense approach those examples or ones like.

I cant stress enough no law is going keep guns from being used falsely. But we can close up loopholes and isolate those who shouldn't have access easily.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I see your points... We would need to clarify what constitutes mentally ill in order to better screen what makes sense. This is where common sense, talking to mental health pro's and the houses get together to make that work. I would want the criminals to be focused on violent offenders who committed armed robberies for instance, people who were caught with distribution levels of drugs, sex offenders of all types no exceptions. I would look at people who used say a vehicle as a weapon as another for instance. I think most people get the common sense approach those examples or ones like.

I cant stress enough no law is going keep guns from being used falsely. But we can close up loopholes and isolate those who shouldn't have access easily.
    concur.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

remember, we cant add programs, we have no money Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Get ready 1984 is almost here
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Never saw this movie.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

I don't know what this has to do with the topic but I like it:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    NO, you would have to be a resident of texas and have two forms of governemnt ID showing you are a TX resident. They will not sell guns to residents of other states.
    many states have a similar law.
    And many states don't have this "similar law". I live in MD and can drive to VA and purchase a gun without any proof of residency to VA. I'm all for full background checks. The only thing I don't agree with is #16. It's completely irrelevant.

(Wife goes in for pap smear) Okay, spread'em... BTW, do you own a gun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12