Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Obama signs 23 gun control executive orders

Here we go...

Click here to enlarge

02:32 PM ET

Obama announces 23 exective actions, asks Congress to pass gun laws

• President Barack Obama announces 23 executive actions on gun control, separately asks Congress to pass gun-control laws
    • Obama asks Congress to pass laws that would: require background checks on all gun sales; restore a ban on "military-style assault weapons"; ban gun magazines with capacities of more than 10 rounds; and toughen penalties on people who sell guns to those who can't have them
    • Below are the latest updates as they come to us.

23 Point Detail:
    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    11. Nominate an ATF director.
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

$#@!ING COCK SUCKER!!!!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

I absolutely LOVE #16
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

ohh America what shall become of you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

im confused...these 23 points dont stop anyone from buying whatever gun they want though...i dont see whats so bad about background checks...
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im confused...these 23 points dont stop anyone from buying whatever gun they want though...i dont see whats so bad about background checks...
    Texas doesn't require background checks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Texas doesn't require background checks.
    im still trying to understand what the issue is...

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

im still trying to understand what the issue is...
    It infringes on state's rights for one and secondly this is just the opening salvo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

EXACTLY this is just the begining of government trying to get more control of peoples daily lives

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

They are going to chip, and chip, and chip, and chip, and chip until we actually have chips placed in us tracking our every move, thought, and saying.

Game Over. Government by the people became government versus the people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

It infringes on state's rights for one and secondly this is just the opening salvo.
    so i could have a history of being deranged in another state, go buy a gun in texas and bring it back? Once again, trying to understand the problem with a background check...im all for the 2nd amendment but id like for the gov to NOT issue someone a gun if they had a history of mental illness...

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

so i could have a history of being deranged in another state, go buy a gun in texas and bring it back? Once again, trying to understand the problem with a background check...im all for the 2nd amendment but id like for the gov to NOT issue someone a gun if they had a history of mental illness...
    No you could only use that gun in Texas.

I don't think crazy people should have guns but that's not the point. The point is the federal government now wanting to control gun laws country wide. It's them grabbing more power.

Your issue with Texas and its gun rules is not something for you to decide its for the people of Texas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

NO, you would have to be a resident of texas and have two forms of governemnt ID showing you are a TX resident. They will not sell guns to residents of other states.
    many states have a similar law.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No you could only use that gun in Texas.

I don't think crazy people should have guns but that's no the point. The point is the federal government now wanting to control gun laws country wide. It's them grabbing more power.

Your issue with Texas and its gun rules is not something for you to decide its for the people of Texas.
    the point im trying to make is if i have a history of mental illness i can STILL go get a gun...i think that the gov should step in there at least....across ALL states

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    NO, you would have to be a resident of texas and have two forms of governemnt ID showing you are a TX resident. They will not sell guns to residents of other states.
    many states have a similar law.
    so it doesnt matter what kind of background you came from?...just 2 forms of ID and residency?

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

the point im trying to make is if i have a history of mental illness i can STILL go get a gun...i think that the gov should step in there at least....across ALL states
    Ok cool not the point I was making.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

so it doesnt matter what kind of background you came from?...just 2 forms of ID and residency?
    There are checks before getting a license obviously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ok cool not the point I was making.
    i understand the point your trying to make...as i feel the gov is looking in the wrong place to stop this senseless violence...i feel they need to use that energy in the field of mental illness instead of trying to lock down weapons...however, if a law came about that said "If you had/have a history of a certain level of mental illness, the united states cannot issue you a license to carry a weapon"...id be all for that across every state....outside of that id keep things as they were before all this happened

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

"If you had/have a history of a certain level of mental illness, the united states cannot issue you a license to carry a weapon"...id be all for that across every state....outside of that id keep things as they were before all this happened
    If states want to do that it's fine but IF THEY DON'T the government should not have the right to force it upon them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

we will agree to disagree on that one....ive worked in mental health for a little and i can tell you right now if you saw what i have seen you would want that 1 law enforced across the board...There are dozens of people that fit the profile of the sandy hook shooter, VT shooter, and Colorado shooter in EVERY institution in every state in this country...these institutions just do a great job of keeping tabs on them once they are in the system....im for federal regulation when it comes to that....the public should know...

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Im going to state once again im against all these regulations around gun control but would just want that 1 law enforced...i am pro 2nd amendment

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

we will agree to disagree on that one....ive worked in mental health for a little and i can tell you right now if you saw what i have seen you would want that 1 law enforced across the board...There are dozens of people that fit the profile of the sandy hook shooter, VT shooter, and Colorado shooter in EVERY institution in every state in this country...these institutions just do a great job of keeping tabs on them once they are in the system....im for federal regulation when it comes to that....the public should know...
    That's fine but states shouldn't be forced to do something just because you agree with it. And the Federal Government shouldn't have the right to trample states rights because you agree with a particular issue. It's all or nothing, not oh maybe we can let it slide on just this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The problem is not the people that are already here, but the fact our society is developing more and more severe problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ok well I don't have any mental illness and my health is in good standing

I want an AR15

is that possible with me living in NY
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast