Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 227

Thread: Dinan 4.6 Stroker M3 vs C5 Z06

              
  1. #76
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so, im correct. before bb
    BB was in the works after I was banned from Bimmerpost which was while I was still NA. I think I know the timeline a bit better. It's all coming together though as I intended.

  2. #77
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, its a blanket statement based on reality and not blind fanboy ism
    You aren't supporting your statements. Tip: Your opinion is not a fact.

  3. #78
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    judged by who? oh, this mythical award system that noone cares about because its just a piece of paper
    By just about, oh, everyone?

    Jeremy Clarkson of BBC television show Top Gear says: "This [The M3] is the best car, and always will be, and there's no point in ever thinking otherwise."
    IT'S NOT A STANDARD SET BY HORSEPOWER ALONE

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so, again, im right. its MORE to start with, and MUCH MORE when bolted on.. awesome point you make
    More horsepower stock doesn't equal more performance stock. You are looking solely at engine output, it's kind of sad at this point dude.

    And who said a bigger motor won't offer more power NA? Why can't you grasp this still?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gts is available at every dealer? wow. i didnt know that.. its street legal? wow, didnt know that.. oh, its not, and not.. damn.. i guess we only compare bmw race cars to everyone elses street cars now eh..
    Um ya it's available at every dealer where it's sold and it's street legal. And it's not a race car, wtf are you talking about? You don't even know the subjects you are discussing as you blatant Mercedes M156 engine oversight showed.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is an unrealistic idiotic statement
    Oh, BMW's should be all about horsepower per dollar? Bro, BUY A MUSTANG AND BE DONE WITH IT.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    103
    Rep Points
    174.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By just about, oh, everyone?
    Jeremy Clarkson of BBC television show Top Gear says: "This [The M3] is the best car, and always will be, and there's no point in ever thinking otherwise."
    IT'S NOT A STANDARD SET BY HORSEPOWER ALONE
    See now, this is 'MURICAH! Where we like our women and races the same way... straight! And I'll be damned if I let some brit commie tell me my car doesn't always need more horsies.
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BB was in the works after I was banned from Bimmerpost which was while I was still NA. I think I know the timeline a bit better. It's all coming together though as I intended.
    you seem to forget, ive been around since the beginning, which includes prior to your ban, and post boost..

  6. #81
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seem to forget, ive been around since the beginning, which includes prior to your ban, and post boost..
    And? That changes my timelines or my development that you aren't aware of somehow?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You aren't supporting your statements. Tip: Your opinion is not a fact.
    is this rhetorical? only your opinion places a motor ahead of a more powerful one because of a few awards, and not the fact that its competition destroys it, with every advantage to the s65..

  8. #83
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    only your opinion places a motor ahead of a more powerful one because of a few awards
    It's not my opinion it won a few awards, it's fact it has swept its category four years straight over motors you consider superior with the engineers VOTING FOR IT.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and not the fact that its competition destroys it, with every advantage to the s65..
    The primary goal is never power, it's a part of the M3's package. Once again, you don't understand what an M3 is. Go get a Mustang. You belong in a Mustang.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not my opinion it won a few awards, it's fact it has swept its category four years straight over motors you consider superior with the engineers VOTING FOR IT.



    The primary goal is never power, it's a part of the M3's package. Once again, you don't understand what an M3 is. Go get a Mustang. You belong in a Mustang.
    flip-flop much?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new M3 is coming and it isn't packing enough of a punch under the hood.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not quite sure why you can't figure out the target audience, market, and competitors.

  10. #85
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    flip-flop much?
    How is stating it's a fact the S65 is well awarded and better than its competition flip-flopping versus showing concern a car that is not released yet, not awarded, with no actual dyno figures may be considerably weaker than its upcoming competition? You aren't able to differentiate these ideas?

    Did you go to college?

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is stating it's a fact the S65 is well awarded and better than its competition flip-flopping versus showing concern a car that is not released yet, not awarded, with no actual dyno figures may be considerably weaker than its upcoming competition? You aren't able to differentiate these ideas?

    Did you go to college?
    so, the NEXT gen M3 is outgunned in HP, and its a horrible idea.. but the PREVIOUS gen M3 was ALSO outgunned in HP.. and its ok? yes, college.. but common sense cannot be taught, as you so accurately showcase in this convo

  12. #87
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so, the NEXT gen M3 is outgunned in HP, and its a horrible idea.. but the PREVIOUS gen M3 was ALSO outgunned in HP.. and its ok? yes, college.. but common sense cannot be taught, as you so accurately showcase in this convo
    Based on the M3's competition how is the E9X outgunned? Once again, I posted an IS-F dyno which has a bigger V8 yet has less power and it was ignored. I posted an RS4/RS5 dyno another car with a bigger V8 which showed less power and it was ignored. I showed a C63 Dyno which has 360 whp and by virtue of its greater heft and slower transmission does not outperform the S65 V8. What competition is it outgunned by? Do you just ignore facts as it suits you? Why? Why are you blindly clinging to a reality you invented? It's ok, you're wrong, you didn't know your subject, move on.

    The new M3 is a completely separate topic.

    You went to college? Consider going again.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    31.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Really? Why would BMW USA lists the coupe at 3704lbs and sedan 3726lbs.... Car and Drivers numbers is def not the norm 3552lbs maybe with a stripped car with no fluids....lol

  14. #89
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpowerct Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Why would BMW USA lists the coupe at 3704lbs and sedan 3726lbs.... Car and Drivers numbers is def not the norm 3552lbs maybe with a stripped car with no fluids....lol
    Because they list the European weight including the 75kg driver. Welcome to the site, start educating yourself: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...weight-is-35XX

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    31.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My bad... Just read that after further research from other postings..

  16. #91
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpowerct Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My bad... Just read that after further research from other postings..
    It's ok, that's why I'm here.

  17. #92
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Watch a Dinan 4.6 liter stroker S65 V8 E92 M3 get smacked around by a cammed C5 Z06

    To get a lot more power of the E92 M3 in NA form beyond bolt ons increasing the displacement is really the way to go. An extra 600cc's is a nice chunk to pick up made possible by the relatively short stroke in stock form providing quite a bit of room to grow. However, the LS6 V8 under the hood of the C5 Z06 is sill larger at 5.7 liters. With an aggressive cam only the Z06 can put out in the 420 wheel range and with exhaust and intake 450 wheel is within reason.

    Click here to enlarge

    The S65 V8 at 4.6 liters is capable of 441 wheel horsepower. So, on paper, this actually makes for a fairly good race especially with a DCT M3. Yes, the C5 Z06 has a weight advantage but the M3's higher redline makes for a gearing advantage. So what is the problem? The 20 inch Hartge wheels the owner chose to put on his car which are basically boat anchors sapping power. The Hartge badge on the trunk clearly not making it up for it.

    Furthermore, the 441 wheel number for a stroker M3 came from an RDsport setup, not Dinan. Dinan uses a fairly mild tune and has yet to demonstrate as high of dyno numbers with their motor. To really take advantage of this setup the M3 owner needs to ditch the wheels, get a new tune, and also look into Schrick cams as the stroker moves the peak of the powerband to the left. Much more horsepower is there to be had by moving the torque curve to the right towards redline with a more aggressive profile similar to how this Z06 gains power with its cam setup.

    Enjoy the race, but seems silly for the M3 owner to spend all that money on the motor only to limit it in other areas.


  18. #93
    Q4P's Avatar
    Q4P is offline Member
    Status: N54... the DI almost German
    2JZ
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Points
    1,202.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Curious how they would do agAinst an RB 135i lol.

  19. #94
    benzy89's Avatar
    benzy89 is offline Member
    Status: SISU
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,046
    Rep Points
    1,766.0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious how they would do agAinst an RB 135i lol.
    TD Turbo 335i running PROcede & Meth (540 HP according to the video description) vs Stock Z06
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  20. #95
    Q4P's Avatar
    Q4P is offline Member
    Status: N54... the DI almost German
    2JZ
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Points
    1,202.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TD Turbo 335i running PROcede & Meth (540 HP according to the video description) vs Stock Z06
    http://youtu.be/Xt_dOM3yI5k
    thats a c6, big difference, cant view video but as i see it this was enritas car and he got ran on top end
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  21. #96
    benzy89's Avatar
    benzy89 is offline Member
    Status: SISU
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,046
    Rep Points
    1,766.0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats a c6, big difference, cant view video but as i see it this was enritas car and he got ran on top end
    Yea, it was the best/most accurate video I could find of a modified turbo 335 vs Corvette. I figured that the old Z06 with cams is closer to the Z06 then a normal C6 vette, but basically the 335i pulled away until it was limited by the 335 gearing
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  22. #97
    Sledgehammer's Avatar
    Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    Status: Dont cry Richie Rich, you'll
    go fast one day
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Points
    380.3
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Good display of the run from the 335 to the Vette...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Points
    450.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Im selling My e36 for a c5 z06 just to beat on and have fun $#@! it... Long tubes a intake manifold and a cam i bet i can get that $#@! in the tens n/a on the right tire. $#@! i bet i could get just a intake tune exhaust one in the tens.... The m3 in that video is a joke and got walked on. The s65 is alright in stock form but look at it this way you have to build the motor at 600whp $#@! that i can get a junkyard 5.3L ls to make 1000hp stock motor. $#@! i bet i could get a 5.3L junkyard LS with the right heads cam and intake manifold to make 500whp n/a

  24. #99
    Sledgehammer's Avatar
    Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    Status: Dont cry Richie Rich, you'll
    go fast one day
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Points
    380.3
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im selling My e36 for a c5 z06 just to beat on and have fun $#@! it... Long tubes a intake manifold and a cam i bet i can get that $#@! in the tens n/a on the right tire. $#@! i bet i could get just a intake tune exhaust one in the tens.... The m3 in that video is a joke and got walked on. The s65 is alright in stock form but look at it this way you have to build the motor at 600whp $#@! that i can get a junkyard 5.3L ls to make 1000hp stock motor. $#@! i bet i could get a 5.3L junkyard LS with the right heads cam and intake manifold to make 500whp n/a
    Not sure if you're serious or playin around but it's funny as hell.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #100
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Fantasy Football league
    registration open
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,350
    Rep Points
    23,356.8
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    234


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im selling My e36 for a c5 z06 just to beat on and have fun $#@! it... Long tubes a intake manifold and a cam i bet i can get that $#@! in the tens n/a on the right tire. $#@! i bet i could get just a intake tune exhaust one in the tens.... The m3 in that video is a joke and got walked on. The s65 is alright in stock form but look at it this way you have to build the motor at 600whp $#@! that i can get a junkyard 5.3L ls to make 1000hp stock motor. $#@! i bet i could get a 5.3L junkyard LS with the right heads cam and intake manifold to make 500whp n/a
    It isn't apples to apples. Anyone who expects BMW's to match Chevy small block V8's in dollars per mods needs to have their head examined.

    The M3 in the video isn't a joke at all. The owner just has it set up for looks and not performance. He needs to figure out what he wants to do, be fast or look good? If he wants to be faster there are some things he needs to do like get a tune and ditch the Hartge 20's.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •