Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varrstoen ES 2.2.1 18x9 +35 offset

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Varrstoen ES 2.2.1 18x9 +35 offset

I have a buddy that owns a performance shop where he sells a bunch of rims. for the past year I've been coming in an trying new rims to see if I can get lucky with one that will clear my brembos. I finally came across these Varrstoen es 2.2.1 replicas 18X9 +35 offset. I have to redrill these so I have to purchase these and it's no going back (Pray for me as I hope they fit! No spacers lol). I'm thinking of gloss black calipers with a white brembo sticker. What do you guys think?

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I like 'em. Very much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

They look great, I really want these for my Laguna green E36 sedan
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

As long as you avoid the chevy centercap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

If you can get over how much they SUCK as a company and that they hurt the industry than go for it. Personally I would not put them on my ride.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can get over how much they SUCK as a company and that they hurt the industry than go for it. Personally I would not put them on my ride.
    Why do they suck?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why do they suck?
    I've heard horror stories about their quality and customer service. Why would a person want to support a company that blatantly rips off RAYS who has made some of the most iconic, light weight, and durable wheels on the market? They just water down the product. To me it would be like buying fake Jordans, wearing a knock off gucci watch, fake diamond earnings etc. Just by looking you can tell they are fake and if you use them you are a poser.

This is what a pothole at 25MPH looks like from a BMW:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Paragraph on Enkei website
    "Custom aftermarket wheels are as much a part of who we are as the clothes we wear, the vehicles we drive and of course the performance that we expect. ENKEI custom wheels deliver the latest in wheel designs, composite alloy technology such as, casting/forged processes, rigid testing that must pass stringent JGTC Standards and unsurpassed manufacturing facilities. "
    Click here to enlarge
    Paragraph on Varrstoen website:
    "Custom aftermarket wheels are as much a part of who we are as the clothes we wear, the vehicles we drive and of course the performance that we expect. Varrstoen custom wheels deliver the latest in wheel designs, composite alloy technology such as, casting/forged processes, rigid testing that must pass stringent JGTC, VIA JWL Standards and unsurpassed manufacturing facilities. Varrstoen is dedicated to perfection and delivers the best in aftermarket wheels. "

THEY CAN'T EVEN WRITE THEIR OWN GOD DAMN WEBSITE DESCRIPTION. THEY HAVE TO COPY THAT **** TOO.

http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-o...e-knowing.html <**** head move.

Varrs, Rota, etc are illegal in Japan. If caught during JCI testing, the car will not pass. The wheel requires a stamp of Japan testing approval, and knockoff wheels do not have these. There's a reason the knockoff brands we're used to aren't marketed in Japan.

Rays bend and don't snap off at the barrel or shatter:
    Click here to enlarge

You are buying a product that is not tested to regulations, your money goes toward supporting a company that's success hurts legit companies that are innovating and providing a quality product. If consumers don't care or don't take action then the legit companies will pack up shop. Have you heard of HKS? Have you heard of Greddy? Have you heard of ARC? All of these companies have filed for bankruptcy or have closed their US offices and operations. I guess my point is think about the fact that companies are going out of business because of knock-off stuff. If the trend continues, our industry could end up without any originators or innovators, and just be filled with knock-off stuff. Does it affect my life, directly? No. This industry is not my livelihood, but I'd hate to see it die.

/endofrant

I am just against companies that rip off others and hurt the industry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

/endofrant
    You made a strong case, I'm convinced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

That's pretty scary to see @Torgus. Although, I have to agree with you on hurting other companies. I mean you have to look at this in my POV. I have brembos that don't let any rims clear them. I'm not gonna spend 1500 + on real rims and redrill them to find out they wont fit. I bought these for super cheap, I can't even say how cheap. It's worth a try and wont hurt me if they don't fit. I'll just sell to another Cobalt SS member without the brembos. I'm not tracking or anything with these, just for looks from my hideous cheap looking Chevy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty scary to see @Torgus . Although, I have to agree with you on hurting other companies. I mean you have to look at this in my POV. I have brembos that don't let any rims clear them. I'm not gonna spend 1500 + on real rims and redrill them to find out they wont fit. I bought these for super cheap, I can't even say how cheap. It's worth a try and wont hurt me if they don't fit. I'll just sell to another Cobalt SS member without the brembos. I'm not tracking or anything with these, just for looks from my hideous cheap looking Chevy.
    I wish you the best of luck with them. They are very inexpensive rims generally I hope they hold up for you. They are easy to flip if they don't fit. I am surprised you can't find wheels that clear, have you considered shaving down the brembos if it is a close fit? That is what I have to do on my Maxima w/ adapter plates.

There must be a list of wheels on a cobalt forum no?

Can't you just run a spacer?

What size do your wheels have to be 5x???.?? You must be able to find rims that you don't have to redrill or install new hubs no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I wish you the best of luck with them. They are very inexpensive rims generally I hope they hold up for you. They are easy to flip if they don't fit. I am surprised you can't find wheels that clear, have you considered shaving down the brembos if it is a close fit? That is what I have to do on my Maxima w/ adapter plates.

There must be a list of wheels on a cobalt forum no?

Can't you just run a spacer?

What size do your wheels have to be 5x???.?? You must be able to find rims that you don't have to redrill or install new hubs no?

Thank you, I mean for 500$ redrilled for a set I can't say no to try it out. You gotta pay to play, but I didn't want to play that hard if you get what I mean. I have asked them if they can do that they said that will be the best thing to do if it is very minimal instead of spacers. I will do that if I have to. There is a list of of wheels but non that are of my taste in the 5X110 section :/. All chromed out heavy flashy type of wheels. I have considered getting the 5X114.3 hubs but I can't go back to stock rims when I want to track my car. This is the best option for now, I will try it out and hope for the best lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

How much do they weigh? They dont look light.... I understand saving money but why spend money on performance mods to drive around on heavy wheels? Just something to think about..
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    How much do they weigh? They dont look light.... I understand saving money but why spend money on performance mods to drive around on heavy wheels? Just something to think about..
    I'm not too sure but I don't think over 25lbs. It's not at all a performance mod, just an appearance mod. As I said earlier I'm not going to be tracking with these.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You made a strong case, I'm convinced.
    I agree, thank you sir.
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

No worries, I'm willing to try and test them out. They are from Tenzo which is ADV1 from what the guy said.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Thank you, I mean for 500$ redrilled for a set I can't say no to try it out. You gotta pay to play, but I didn't want to play that hard if you get what I mean. I have asked them if they can do that they said that will be the best thing to do if it is very minimal instead of spacers. I will do that if I have to. There is a list of of wheels but non that are of my taste in the 5X110 section :/. All chromed out heavy flashy type of wheels. I have considered getting the 5X114.3 hubs but I can't go back to stock rims when I want to track my car. This is the best option for now, I will try it out and hope for the best lol.
    Makes sense. If you change to 5X114.3 hubs you will have a so many more options, but you probably already know that. Is there a reason you are against spacers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Makes sense. If you change to 5X114.3 hubs you will have a so many more options, but you probably already know that. Is there a reason you are against spacers?
    Yea, just changing to 5X114.3 I will have to get a rim that will support my DD and my track days. I wont be able to go back to stockers for that. Not against them, just don't like to keep adding and modifying $#@! when it's not needed. Esp adding spacers which can cause more headaches. Same $#@! happened to my friends e46 m3. Got rims with spacers and they would wobble like crazy. He went through 3 sets of spacers and said $#@! it. He sold the rims and got the right size in the end LOL.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with Varrstoen. They fill a niche for people who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on wheels.

Are they the safest, lightest wheels on the planet? No. Will they work? Yes.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Update, got the rims redrilled and fitted. They fit no spacer, and crap they're aggressive as hell. They're not on yet, I just forgot to get hub centrics... They will be put on tomorrow with a nice clean car and some photos for you guys. Next up is new brake caliper paint and a detail. Then comes the photoshoot.

What color should I paint my brembos?? helpp
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

What color should I paint my brembos?? helpp
    Yellow always works well, unless you want them not to stand out. Then black will do the trick.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Yellow always works well, unless you want them not to stand out. Then black will do the trick.
    I do want them to stand out. Yellow though, I'm not too sure. My friend said that as well with black brembo sticker. I don't know why but I want to do white caliper with black brembo. Either that or an original Red with white brembo sticker. I need more options on colors and ideas.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

I say red or black caliper
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Red caliper, black Brembo.

And where are the promised pictures?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

red.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Looks like red is the winner. I was at work the whole day yesterday, and I'm stuck at work the whole day today. No time to wash the car or take photos. Either today if I'm able to get off early. If not, tomorrow for sure cause we close at 2pm.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast