Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Gruppe M carbon fiber intake available for the F13/F12 BMW M6 S63TU, pictures and pricing - Presented by IND-Distribution and Precision Sport Indisutries

              
   
  1. #1
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Gruppe M carbon fiber intake available for the F13/F12 BMW M6 S63TU, pictures and pricing - Presented by IND-Distribution and Precision Sport Indisutries

    Good news F12/F13 M6 owners! The Gruppe M ram air style carbon intake as seen on the F10 M5 fits and is available officially for the new M6. Now, this intake is quite simply gorgeous as Gruppe M intakes for M vehicles always are but it certainly is not cheap at $3,495. It certainly is a high quality piece and offers gains of 16 crank horsepower at peak (with substantial torque gains through the curve) but whether it is worth the money is up to you. As of right now, this is the only quality intake option for the M5/M6.

    Click here to enlarge

    Pictures below along with Gruppe M's dyno graph. Torgue gains from the 4000-5000 RPM range are fairly substantial.

    Both @IND-Distribution and @Precision Sport carry this intake.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    @Ilia@IND @Nate@IND

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    968
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What a beautiful looking intake!

    I'm such a sucker for carbon fiber.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  3. #3
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Gruppe M always has the best looking intakes and they have them first on the new M motors. Too bad they are so damn expensive.

    I remember when I had my E46 M3 and I saw this. I fell in love:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not just the best looking but the best engineered from many aspects..... but not always (E39 M5 ... cough cough)....

    The S85 and now this are brilliantly done with excellent cold air feeds.

    They could be priced a little better I agree.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    968
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not just the best looking but the best engineered from many aspects..... but not always (E39 M5 ... cough cough)....

    The S85 and now this are brilliantly done with excellent cold air feeds.

    They could be priced a little better I agree.
    I really am a fan of their cold air feeds in the front bumper grill. Not sure how much different the stock ones are, but the Gruppe M definitely looks to be very efficient.

    Someone should develop some better intercoolers for this car.......

    Someone should also develop a sexy CF Airbox for the E90 M3.......*cough cough*
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  6. #6
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone should also develop a sexy CF Airbox for the E90 M3.......*cough cough*
    Really not necessary, stock airbox is great.

    I highly recommend scoops though...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    968
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really not necessary, stock airbox is great.

    I highly recommend scoops though...
    That is true...but I am such a sucker for CF Airboxes.... Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    2.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really am a fan of their cold air feeds in the front bumper grill. Not sure how much different the stock ones are, but the Gruppe M definitely looks to be very efficient.

    Someone should develop some better intercoolers for this car.......

    Someone should also develop a sexy CF Airbox for the E90 M3.......*cough cough*
    GruppeM has it available actually. Have seen it in person, it looks phenomenal and sounds awesome. can search youtube vids for gruppemvideos (no space) and their website, gruppemusa.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    267.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ugh. pretty, but damn stupid, imho. $3400 for a damn intake! I built my motor for about that cost, and my car will likely hand any m6 in the country it's ass.

    If you have the money to throw where that cost makes no difference to you, why the hell do you have an m6 and not a UGR lambo (or the like)?

  10. #10
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PMKC Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GruppeM has it available actually. Have seen it in person, it looks phenomenal and sounds awesome. can search youtube vids for gruppemvideos (no space) and their website, gruppemusa.com
    Are you involved with Gruppe M somehow?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  11. #11
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have the money to throw where that cost makes no difference to you, why the hell do you have an m6 and not a UGR lambo (or the like)?
    Because it's still a pretty big price difference.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    267.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it's still a pretty big price difference.
    Point taken.

    Hm, I wonder what the bang for buck difference is here though:
    $3400 for 15 hp = $227 per hp

    $110000 for 1000 hp = $110 per hp

    And the end product is probably negligable from a factory m6, where the UGR vs stock lambo is like comparing a galaxy to a singular solar system. It looks nice, but selling at $1500 would still probably provide quite the healthy profit.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  13. #13
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point taken.

    Hm, I wonder what the bang for buck difference is here though:
    $3400 for 15 hp = $227 per hp

    $110000 for 1000 hp = $110 per hp

    And the end product is probably negligable from a factory m6, where the UGR vs stock lambo is like comparing a galaxy to a singular solar system. It looks nice, but selling at $1500 would still probably provide quite the healthy profit.
    I hear you, two different classes though.

    Making a Gallrardo work as a daily is something different. Well, something I could pull off I think.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    9.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What do you guys think of scoops? Lot of people think not worth it, but that's probably because impossible to dyno any incremental ram air effect?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really not necessary, stock airbox is great.

    I highly recommend scoops though...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Points
    1,998.4
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not just the best looking but the best engineered from many aspects..... but not always (E39 M5 ... cough cough)....

    The S85 and now this are brilliantly done with excellent cold air feeds.

    They could be priced a little better I agree.
    You remember the E46 M3 Gruppe M intake didnt work very well on that car either. But this one looks awesome. So was the one for the E60 m5.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods: GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, 3K AE's/Low Beams, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  16. #16
    Sorena is offline Senior Member
    Status: I love men
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,662
    Rep Points
    -351.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mhabs Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys think of scoops? Lot of people think not worth it, but that's probably because impossible to dyno any incremental ram air effect?
    If you ask me, i say scoops give you the best bang for the buck in most platform, specially the E9x M3. Had them on my M3 and M6, got a nice bump in HP in both for a relatively cheap price. As you said, fans used when dynoing can't simulate the real world condition. But when you drive, you definitely feel the extra punch.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    267.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hear you, two different classes though.

    Making a Gallrardo work as a daily is something different. Well, something I could pull off I think.
    I've rode in a ugr car and it was very daily drivable (to me). It did drone like hell. But then again, my daily has a strait through 3.5" exhaust with one resonator, open wastegate, pss9 coilovers and a mix of solid and stiff urethane bushings throughout, so... take that as you will. lol.

    Are you thinking of going with a UGR gallardo?
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  18. #18
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mhabs Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys think of scoops? Lot of people think not worth it, but that's probably because impossible to dyno any incremental ram air effect?
    One of the best mods I made while NA was the scoops. You will notice the difference especially at speed.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  19. #19
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you thinking of going with a UGR gallardo?
    I think it's the next logical step after the M3.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    267.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's the next logical step after the M3.
    Well, if you come to charlotte let me know and we can grab a beer.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  21. #21
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if you come to charlotte let me know and we can grab a beer.
    Absolutely.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    2.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you involved with Gruppe M somehow?
    I've done some testing before with their products, but I test a lot of different products. Also, the deal with the E46 M3 is hardly any intakes "work well" because there isn't much more air to be had over stock on that car (and some others). So, it was simply a K&N conical vs stock panel. What one pays for, however, is all the carbon fiber, which is not only very expensive in raw form but also expensive to make in the way it is for the fit/finish.

    I have a full Renntech CF box on my S600, which retails $5k (don't worry, I got it for a price I couldn't refuse). People that have worked with this kind of material--and not in the auto industry--looked at it and didn't scoff at the price one bit.
    Not trying to nag, but in all honesty if you're going to compare hp/dollar when you buy everything then everyone would be buying a motorcycle or a Z06 vette. Intakes and turbos are just two different things. Does the GruppeM net more power over competitors, probably not on a dyno--you're still comparing the K&N conical vs whatever else. But the CF has its own advantages, and yes it is expensive. But then again a lot of people don't scoff (some do!) at a Rolex, and yet it doesn't net you a single horsepower worth of time over a Fossil watch, Click here to enlarge. It's all relative.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    2.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    by the way, kudos to owner of estoril M3 turbo! I just sold my fourth and last E36 a month ago, miss it dearly. Had two estoril (my fav color--even painted my supra that color) and one was T66 turbocharged so I can imagine how much fun you're having!

  24. #24
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PMKC Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not trying to nag, but in all honesty if you're going to compare hp/dollar when you buy everything then everyone would be buying a motorcycle or a Z06 vette.
    I mean no offense but I probably have more money under the hood of my M3 than your S600 is worth so it's not like I'm not willing to spend money for good products. I think the Gruppe M intake is a fantastic piece but it definitely is not cost effective. Just because someone looks at hp per dollar and competitive options doesn't mean they should go get something else. Just because you have money I don't see the reason to throw it away. Not that I consider this intake throwing money away, I really like it.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  25. #25
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: Meh
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,033
    Rep Points
    23,254.9
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    233


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PMKC Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then again a lot of people don't scoff (some do!) at a Rolex, and yet it doesn't net you a single horsepower worth of time over a Fossil watch, . It's all relative.
    A Rolex is a name brand you wear on your wrist partially due to it giving some certain prestige. An intake is more of a functional piece and not for display cosmetically all the time. Your analogy isn't apples to apples although I get your point. I put a premium on performance with my parts.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •