Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cops that wave people down

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

The cops that wave people down

I've noticed a few of these bike cops waving people down because they are speeding. And theirs usually a line of people standing there waiting to get their speeding tickets. Would it be be possible to just speed through all of that? By the time they get on their bikes and make a turn you would probably be long gone right?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've noticed a few of these bike cops waving people down because they are speeding. And theirs usually a line of people standing there waiting to get their speeding tickets. Would it be be possible to just speed through all of that? By the time they get on their bikes and make a turn you would probably be long gone right?
    Yes. Then again I once ignored a cop who ran over 2 lanes to flag me down(85mph in a 55mph 4 lane highway). He was mighty pissed when he caught up with me.

I suggest not pulling over, accelerate as fast as possible, take the next exit and grab a coffee and wait a bit.

I made the mistake of not taking my 1st exit, the exit I needed was like 4 down and I thought I could make it.

That LEO was pissed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I did something similar, he was off his bike giving a ticket he had 4 others there waved at me, I waved back and sped off the first exit into a mall

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Haha that's what I was thinking. I highly doubt they would even be able to read the license at that distance/speed.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    As long as he's off the bike and has others already stopped you could probably get away, but if he caught you - you could also get evading a police office and then you're pretty much going to jail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah its definitely possible and you have the advantage if you know the area well enough. I have been waved down before and gotten away because I knew there was no way he was going to catch me. Basically, in the area where I was waved down, I knew there was a dealership up ahead one block that sells my car, so I went in there and laid low for awhile and I was good to go lol. If I know there is a good chance I'll get caught though, I won't take it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah its definitely possible and you have the advantage if you know the area well enough. I have been waved down before and gotten away because I knew there was no way he was going to catch me. Basically, in the area where I was waved down, I knew there was a dealership up ahead one block that sells my car, so I went in there and laid low for awhile and I was good to go lol. If I know there is a good chance I'll get caught though, I won't take it.
    I have never stopped on being waved down, but even if he did catch up to me that would be a pretty easy one to prove in court. Officer was your radar gun calibrated recently, um well actually your honor. I was outside my vehicle and I judged the speed based off my vision and experience. Um not guilty.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
    N54 OEM - Stage 2 Batch 2 available!
    N55 Stage 1 - 2 upgrade available!
    Stage 3 production kits almost here!
    Shotgun HPFP upgrade pre-order now!
    N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 644WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You gonna need to do more than wave at me... LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You gonna need to do more than wave at me... LOL
    lol.. thats an understatement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol.. thats an understatement
    LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ha, I had NY State troopers run up on me after a pull with a gtr. The first thing the cop asked me was "who won". I ended up lucking out with him giving me a parking ticket since the GTR driver was being a douche.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Ha, I had NY State troopers run up on me after a pull with a gtr. The first thing the cop asked me was "who won". I ended up lucking out with him giving me a parking ticket since the GTR driver was being a douche.
    kinda cop i would be Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Never had this happen to me but if does wave AND catch up I would just feign ignorance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I had this happen in Florida. Cop was writing tickets for a line of ppl. Friend just kept going, in the rearview the cop just stopped and stared at us leave, then continued writing the ticket and pretended like it never happened.

In a more recent instance, the cop wasn't waving, just using a curious bar of colorful lights on top of his vehicle. The lights got pretty small pretty quick, until they disappeared entirely. What a strange phenomenon.
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4-G5/FBO/Meth/VMR 701s/Lots of fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

@Ammonia, what is a carrot noise?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @Ammonia , what is a carrot noise?

brwhrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo ooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhqqr
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4-G5/FBO/Meth/VMR 701s/Lots of fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

still dont get it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If he has a line of tickets to write, most likely he is going to not put chase to you. What is one car as opposed to the entire line of cars that stopped for him.

Second, in the state of Texas you are only required to stop if you are being pulled over. Not required to stop for some stranger who is wearing a uniform that, from a distance can't tell the difference between real and Halloween costume, flagging you down.

Finally, and most importantly, is that he IS flagging you down. No flashing lights or anything. If he did get on his little bike and manage to catch you, and tries to write you a ticket for evading the police, you simply state that you didn't see him. Not your fault you failed to see him since he didn't have his lights on.

Also, on the comment about gun calibration...that only works for radar. If he used Li-Dar or Laser, the calibration rules do not apply. However, if you are lucky enough to get radar, here is the general rule of thumb: Upon checking out the gun at the start of their shift they have to calibrate the gun to a calibration machine...this is up to the officer to do, and he can skip it if he wants to risk doing so. From then to the end of his shift after ever stop he makes he must re-calibrate the gun with the instrument in his car. Each calibration must be logged at the time of being calibrated.

I've had one too many tickets, but I also managed to find a good traffic attorney. If you are dealing with one of these "standing officers" I highly recommend getting a traffic attorney in your area. For him to fight on your behalf will cost you about $30-$50. Why so low? Because most people have never used an attorney, so they use this as a means to get their name out there in hopes that one day if you do need an attorney for a big case you'll call them since they are the only attorney you know...Cheap advertisement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ronny214 Click here to enlarge
    If he has a line of tickets to write, most likely he is going to not put chase to you. What is one car as opposed to the entire line of cars that stopped for him.

Second, in the state of Texas you are only required to stop if you are being pulled over. Not required to stop for some stranger who is wearing a uniform that, from a distance can't tell the difference between real and Halloween costume, flagging you down.

Finally, and most importantly, is that he IS flagging you down. No flashing lights or anything. If he did get on his little bike and manage to catch you, and tries to write you a ticket for evading the police, you simply state that you didn't see him. Not your fault you failed to see him since he didn't have his lights on.

Also, on the comment about gun calibration...that only works for radar. If he used Li-Dar or Laser, the calibration rules do not apply. However, if you are lucky enough to get radar, here is the general rule of thumb: Upon checking out the gun at the start of their shift they have to calibrate the gun to a calibration machine...this is up to the officer to do, and he can skip it if he wants to risk doing so. From then to the end of his shift after ever stop he makes he must re-calibrate the gun with the instrument in his car. Each calibration must be logged at the time of being calibrated.

I've had one too many tickets, but I also managed to find a good traffic attorney. If you are dealing with one of these "standing officers" I highly recommend getting a traffic attorney in your area. For him to fight on your behalf will cost you about $30-$50. Why so low? Because most people have never used an attorney, so they use this as a means to get their name out there in hopes that one day if you do need an attorney for a big case you'll call them since they are the only attorney you know...Cheap advertisement.
    Don't care if its radar, laser, infrared eye-balls, you get in a courtroom and let the judge know the officer was outside his vehicle and pulled you over with NO sort of instrumentation besides his eyes. It will be getting thrown out. Gotta love when a guy takes a funny post and goes all mega factual on it. Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
    N54 OEM - Stage 2 Batch 2 available!
    N55 Stage 1 - 2 upgrade available!
    Stage 3 production kits almost here!
    Shotgun HPFP upgrade pre-order now!
    N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 644WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Don't care if its radar, laser, infrared eye-balls, you get in a courtroom and let the judge know the officer was outside his vehicle and pulled you over with NO sort of instrumentation besides his eyes. It will be getting thrown out. Gotta love when a guy takes a funny post and goes all mega factual on it. Click here to enlarge

Well yes, no instrument would be the same as using un-calibrated equipment. But not every judge will throw out the case if he was using a gun while standing...it just depends on your local laws. Oklahoma the officers stand by their bikes with their guns, shoot you, and either give chase or wave you down.

Also, I fail to see the humor in the OPs post...to me it appeared as if he was asking questions based on experience or something he saw, and wanted to know how others had handled/reacted to the situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    brwhrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo ooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhqqr
    That's what I figured it sounded like, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What's with all the negative reps :/.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

They are all from the same user.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Thats what i was thinking! I went and +reped everyone i could. I found this thread to be informative and funny lol If a cop is outside his vehicle and waves me down, i wont stop. I had some old fart wave me down in a neighborhood. I thought he needed help so i stopped. He proceeded to $#@! me out for speeding lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Thats what i was thinking! I went and +reped everyone i could. I found this thread to be informative and funny lol If a cop is outside his vehicle and waves me down, i wont stop. I had some old fart wave me down in a neighborhood. I thought he needed help so i stopped. He proceeded to $#@! me out for speeding lol
    Lol @ old drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast