Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police Countermeasure Thread- Radar/Lidar/Jammers/Etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i never had a V1, but i dont see a need with the arrows. I guess i dont care where the signal is coming from? I have yet to have the 9500 fail me though

benzy89 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone feel the 9500 is inferior because it doesn't have the arrows? I've always liked the v1 because its proven and the arrows are a major plus.
    I've used both. I have the V1 now & I used the Passport 9500 driving to & from Providence, RI (usually a 5 hr trip with traffic on 95, but I've done it in under 3 hrs). I've felt a lot more at ease with the Valentine while running just a radar, because it let's me know where the signal is coming from. If I had a radar & jammers, I wouldn't care & just know to slow down + turn off my jammers before I get caught using them.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    This^ Lets keep my thread on topic please! Im with all of you with the election and politics. I kept listening for the gun shots, fingers crossed lol

Anywho, the 9500ix has proven itself to be more than sensitive enough. Unfortunately theres a bunch of speed-cameras near my school, so im blasted with Ka every morning, and its already blocked it out. The problem is that the cops stake out near those signs, and they also use Ka.... Im just afraid the 9500ix will block out both signals, the bogey and the sign. We shall see....

Yeah, it works by blocking a radius around a GPS point - with the key being the exact frequency of the RADAR. If you put your 9500ix on spec mode or whatever it's called - you will see what I mean. The chances of him having the exact same frequency of the stationary radar are VERY slim - and if WAS using the same frequency as the sign, he won't get a reading since his gun wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two (the stationary wouldn't get a reading either)... Click here to enlarge

Point is - the detector will decipher between the two.

I still need to post on the REDLINE. I would say at this point that it IS more sensitive than the V1, but I want to take one good long trip before posting about this. Compared to the 9500xi, for city use - hard to say. When I use my phone with it, it has most of the 9500 capability (except auto lock out - I have to manually lock it out). It's definitely more sensitive - just like a V1 is compared the the 9500, but for most people, I think the 9500 is a perfect choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, it works by blocking a radius around a GPS point - with the key being the exact frequency of the RADAR. If you put your 9500ix on spec mode or whatever it's called - you will see what I mean. The chances of him having the exact same frequency of the stationary radar are VERY slim - and if WAS using the same frequency as the sign, he won't get a reading since his gun wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two (the stationary wouldn't get a reading either)... Click here to enlarge

Point is - the detector will decipher between the two.

I still need to post on the REDLINE. I would say at this point that it IS more sensitive than the V1, but I want to take one good long trip before posting about this. Compared to the 9500xi, for city use - hard to say. When I use my phone with it, it has most of the 9500 capability (except auto lock out - I have to manually lock it out). It's definitely more sensitive - just like a V1 is compared the the 9500, but for most people, I think the 9500 is a perfect choice.
    Thanks for the information, it clarifies a lot. I knew that i differentiated between different bands, but i wasnt sure if it would be able to tell the difference in frequencies of the different signals. Thanks! Glad to know ill be safe when encountering multiple Ka signals Click here to enlarge

Alsom I agree, the features of the 9500ix have really impressed me. Im glad that i chose it over the V1, mainly because i do 95% city driving (which sucks with a 6MT lol)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

hmm, good read. After driving for 17 years and being pulled over 23 or so times, probably time to invest in one of these. Then again, I have talked my way out of every one of the speeding tickets, so do I really need it?
    2015 - m4 or 991 S or Cayman - hopefully
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp - @ 17 psi and 6,000 rpms)
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123