Close

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1091

Thread: Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm

              
  1. #476
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you haven't provided any info other than "fixed."
    yep

    maybe you will recognize a pretty well known video of a race that he was clipped in..


  2. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Points
    1,630.9
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    [QUOTE=Q4P;361694]Just to point out, full street car means different things to different people... An Fbo 335i is a full street car to me. You really can't go out and change diffs, build trannies, run gallons of meth, completely shift the power curve, drive on drag radials and still be considered a full street car.[/QUOTE]

    Thats what all the fast DD car's have around me.. Especially the american's.. Some even with cages in them.




  3. #478
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,384.1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what all the fast DD car's have around me.. Especially the american's.. Some even with cages in them.
    Exactly.. PBIR requires a roll cage at 11.49 ET
    Had i not had to let off the gas due to loss of traction at the 1/8 mile last time out, I would be rocking a cage in a FBO 335i without even meth or DRs. Either way my car will be a daily driver with a cage pretty soon just because i enjoy the strip and there are rules. It doesnt make you not a street car lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    791.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This guy is such a troll. Lol. Whipping out a single turbo vid from the airstrip to prove a point is laughable. The STs at the air strip sucked, admit it. This was the one run where the ST even looked alright and it was against a full weight m3 making a lot less power. Laughable.

    Also, how did the misfire fix go?

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    104,394
    Rep Points
    25,450.8
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    255


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yep

    maybe you will recognize a pretty well known video of a race that he was clipped in..

    http://youtu.be/CiZ9Wc1yh8s
    What is your point with bringing up things from left field? What relevance does this have to issues discussed in the thread? Who cares?

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your point with bringing up things from left field? What relevance does this have to issues discussed in the thread? Who cares?
    The relevance is that you claim to follow BMW racing when in reality you follow the $#@! that is talked about on here, that is more about guys having fun at a drag strip.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    104,394
    Rep Points
    25,450.8
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    255


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The relevance is that you claim to follow BMW racing when in reality you follow the $#@! that is talked about on here, that is more about guys having fun at a drag strip.
    HAhah what? Ya I don't follow BMW racing or anything. Are you high? Slow learner maybe?

    You bring up the name Joey Hand as if it's going to be hieroglyphics to me and you get an article written by me on exactly the person you are bringing up. I'm very impressed with your vast BMW racing knowledge.

    Maybe now instead of just trolling you can discuss these technical aspects to the fix people are waiting for. That, or maybe a few more non sequiturs from you.

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Points
    1,202.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umm are you talking about the drag strip ?

    yeah yeah yeah... u r a supposed exception. Except that autos and sticks have every 11 ever set w the N54.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    471
    Rep Points
    797.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I got to hand it to all of you bimmerboost members participating in this thread who have managed to make my day go by faster than usual with all the entertainment whether its misfire vs phantom misfire, dct vs mt, m3 vs 335, single vs stock, gtr vs bbq whatever, I know where I can tune in on a daily basis around the same time and get my fix. Click here to enlarge

    Going to spread the love to anyone who has posted thus far. Click here to enlarge

    Thanks again,
    Rnmevo

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    866
    Rep Points
    1,068.0
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah yeah yeah... u r a supposed exception. Except that autos and sticks have every 11 ever set w the N54.

    Here is a timeslip of a DCT breaking 11s, not me, with just some coaching on launching the DCT. Kudos to Jake@PTF who tuned this car

    Click here to enlarge

    Source: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...obb-PRO-Tuning

    Here is my 335iS numbers. Kudos to Lenny@RENNtech (m54b52)


    Click here to enlarge


    Take a very good look at 12.000 @ 112 MPH . Didnt take much did it ? I am not even running cattless DPs, no DRs, No meth, AND the car 50 state legal . Source http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773989

    These cars need drivers that know what they are doing with the DCT. These cars are far from being the worse or weakest as you stated. They just need a driver.
    BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
    DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight



  11. #486
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,732
    Rep Points
    2,274.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can say from personal experience that the one i know (@BuraQ ) is maybe not the "fastest" in our area but right there as one of the quickest running an average 12.0 with very modest launches as of yet on street tires. J.S.
    just as a note it was said in this thread that the single turbo guy saw the track buraQ regularly goes to is .2-3 too fast compared to vboc and other track though... makes sense since bura goes 12.0 at what 113-4?

    edit - responded on last page.. BuraQ's post above confirms my theory, im willing to bet that his track reads a bit "quick" going 12.0 at only 112 with a high 1.8 ... a 1.6x would make more sense with that ET/MPH
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,384.1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just as a note it was said in this thread that the single turbo guy saw the track buraQ regularly goes to is .2-3 too fast compared to vboc and other track though... makes sense since bura goes 12.0 at what 113-4?

    edit - responded on last page.. BuraQ's post above confirms my theory, im willing to bet that his track reads a bit "quick" going 12.0 at only 112 with a high 1.8 ... a 1.6x would make more sense with that ET/MPH
    I cant explain Buraqs numbers.
    I trapped 116-117 with the same launches as him and 11.8 to 12.0 ETs at the same track. There is obviously a difference in the DCT (his) vs mine. He is faster somewhere on the track probably the first half. Doesnt mean the track reads quick. Maybe the track traps slow? It doesnt matter there will always be haters. PBIR is a IHRA sponsered track period.


    Oh yea i forgot, because the single turbo tried and failed at PBIR, its the tracks fault LMAO
    And because my E90 does so well there with good launches 1.76-1.80 running 11.8-12.0 @ 116-117mph, my car is actually weak and slow and the track is lying LOL
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,384.1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit - responded on last page.. BuraQ's post above confirms my theory, im willing to bet that his track reads a bit "quick" going 12.0 at only 112 with a high 1.8 ... a 1.6x would make more sense with that ET/MPH
    This video should explain it to you.
    Bura avgs 12.0 at 112-115 I avg 11.8-12.0 at 116-117 on the same nights at the same track.
    In this video me and Buraq do some rolls. The first is a 60 roll i think and you can see i pull away consistently at higher speeds.
    The next two are lower speed rolls 40ish mph i think. You can see the DCT has the clear advantage down low, it takes me until we get to speed for me to make up the ground and pull.

    Obviously Bura pulls aroud the same ET as me with less trap because he his faster down low. The DCT kills me in slow rolls down low and thats the difference in the AUto vs DCT and the reason for the drag slip discrepancies.

    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    866
    Rep Points
    1,068.0
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....edit - responded on last page.. BuraQ's post above confirms my theory, im willing to bet that his track reads a bit "quick" going 12.0 at only 112 with a high 1.8 ... a 1.6x would make more sense with that ET/MPH
    Its the DCT....PBIR is a IHRA track, its not a hole in the wall or ghetto track. More people have complained about this track being a slow track on the contrary compared to other tracks. You cannot go by one persons findings and consider it a fundamental authority especially when their is a consensus about this track
    Last edited by BuraQ; 12-12-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
    DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight



  15. #490
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    4.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The dct can pick up .3-.5 seconds down the track nuff said

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cant explain Buraqs numbers.
    I trapped 116-117 with the same launches as him and 11.8 to 12.0 ETs at the same track. There is obviously a difference in the DCT (his) vs mine. He is faster somewhere on the track probably the first half. Doesnt mean the track reads quick. Maybe the track traps slow? It doesnt matter there will always be haters. PBIR is a IHRA sponsered track period.


    Oh yea i forgot, because the single turbo tried and failed at PBIR, its the tracks fault LMAO
    And because my E90 does so well there with good launches 1.76-1.80 running 11.8-12.0 @ 116-117mph, my car is actually weak and slow and the track is lying LOL
    Tried and failed? C'mon. You very well knew I was going to the track and I made it completely known that I was going to have to short shift at the track to avoid a misfire. How is that trying and failing?

    I have well over 400 passes in the 335 and the last half of those have been VBox'd at all the tracks I go to. The Friday night before I went to PBIR on Sunday, my VBOX was reading an ET almost exactly the same as my time slips at OSW. This has been the case on every pass. At Bradenton, my VBox would read almost exactly the same as my slip. At PBIR on that particular day, my VBOX was reading around 0.2-0.4s slower than my time slip. Logic would say that the timing blocks might have not been set up correctly. It is pretty standard that VBox ETs are almost always identical to the time slip, while MPH will be 1-2mph faster. Ask anyone who uses one at the strip. I also suspect that the trap speeds were on the low side as well, but that was harder to determine. VBox showed 2 mph faster, which is a little more than I usually see.

    It might have only been that day, I can't say for certain about other days. But I know, for a fact, the track was giving quicker ETs than were being ran on that day.

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,544
    Rep Points
    6,326.8
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64


    Reputation: Yes | No
    GeorgiaTech how long before you can use Trevor's fix to see what the beast can really put down? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GeorgiaTech how long before you can use Trevor's fix to see what the beast can really put down? Click here to enlarge
    Have to wait on some parts. So probably a week, unfortunately.

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,544
    Rep Points
    6,326.8
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That isn't too bad! At least you have a track down there. I've been waiting for month to go race my 135. Famoso prob won't be open until late March and by then DA will be 2500'. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That isn't too bad! At least you have a track down there. I've been waiting for month to go race my 135. Famoso prob won't be open until late March and by then DA will be 2500'. Click here to enlarge
    The track is supposedly closing down for good. I hope someone takes over the lease and reopens it (15 min away from where I live). Last rental is 12/30, which is private and I am going to do. After that, it's a 2 hour drive to Bradenton, 2 hr to Gainesville or 2.5 hour drive to PBIR.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,544
    Rep Points
    6,326.8
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Famoso is also a 2hr drive give or take. Same boat. Seems its not profitable to run race tracks these days. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,732
    Rep Points
    2,274.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    videos do show what you said... im just going off what georgia tech said... he was quicker at the other track which was consistant with his vbox
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,384.1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried and failed? C'mon. You very well knew I was going to the track and I made it completely known that I was going to have to short shift at the track to avoid a misfire. How is that trying and failing?
    That wasnt a shot at you. I apologize as it came off that way. I was trying to show with proof the difference in trap speeds and ETs with similar cars at PBIR. You can clearly see in the video that a slower trapping car can match the ET of a faster trapping car by being faster down low. It goes to show that there is no proof that PBIR reads wrong. And IMHO you cant make any determination of PBIR based off of OSW or VBOX until your car is running well. With your short shifting and missfires, there is not way to have a "control" in the experiment.

    I want your car fixed and running well trust me.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,732
    Rep Points
    2,274.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    his low end also has something to do with his gearing
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Possibly, but I honestly doubt it. Take a look at the 2 slips I posted. One from OsW and one from PBIR, a few days apart. 60' is less than 1/10th s difference, I trapped higher at OSW, yet OSW read 0.25s slower ET. Neither of those runs had a misfire. Shift points may not be exact, but were fairly close.

    The evidence might not be conclusive, but I think it lends towards my opinion.

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •