Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I put in the the time on this because I can't sleep when my car is acting up and I don't know why and no one else does either. The only way to fix something right is to do it yourself. Shiv would have been married to this problem but there is a reason why he never experienced it with his car.

Dzenno's problem was not software related but he was able to use software to work around the issue.

The problem is 100% hardware related.

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is 100% hardware related.
    Ok, prove it. Let's get some details going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Really interested in the solution. I've got an early 2007 6MT and haven't had any problems since the single conversion except having to replace the coils and O2 sensors. Other cars like FBIS are 6MT 62mm and run fine, so there must be a hardware difference. Good luck to you @tmo335tt.
    pt6466 FFTEC 355i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX
    Beat up 240sx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Really interested in the solution. I've got an early 2007 6MT and haven't had any problems since the single conversion except having to replace the coils and O2 sensors. Other cars like FBIS are 6MT 62mm and run fine, so there must be a hardware difference. Good luck to you @tmo335tt .
    Yep....your car made me think a little...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yep....your car made me think a little...
    Oh wait, we've met haven't we? I didn't realize you had kept your original car. Insane man...
    pt6466 FFTEC 355i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX
    Beat up 240sx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes....I bought the gray car and ST for shift sector and then spent the whole day watching you race. I'm selling my original car, i was just waiting to fix this one with ST first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, prove it. Let's get some details going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Haha maybe he's ignoring you Sticky :p

I hope he isn't joking... give him some time. G'night
    pt6466 FFTEC 355i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX
    Beat up 240sx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm not joking...g'night

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

I'm not joking...g'night
    So you left me hanging? Not even the tip?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Trouble in paradise? Vishnu/FFtec N54 335ii Single Turbo kits experiencing issues as a BimmerBoost member runs 12.5@121 with misfires and having to short shift

BimmerBoost would like to thank member GeorgiaTech335Coupe for his openness and honesty regarding his Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo setup. Recently, this member took his single turbo upgraded 6-speed manual 335i to the PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) dragstrip in Florida to do some testing. His best run was a 12.50@121.6 alongside a 12.8@117. Yes, these times are quite a ways away from the 10.8@131 glory pass from Vishnu demonstrating the kits capability.

Click here to enlarge

This is in no way the fault of GeorgiaTech335Coupe who experienced misfires on his car and had to short shift at 6300 rpm in order to avoid them. Now, Vishnu has basically portrayed this kit as perfect and ready for sale with nobody having any issues. The reason BimmerBoost is bringing this issue to the attention of the community is for potential buyers to understand what they are getting into.

Click here to enlarge

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having issues when modifying a car to this level and BimmerBoost is confident Vishnu will resolve them. There is something wrong with pretending nothing is wrong. A few cars with the single turbo kits have gone up for sale and apparently a total of three people, that are willing to open their mouths, are having misfire issues with these kits.

These issues will no doubt get resolved but potential buyers and current customers needs to be aware of the process, effort, and that progress is being made. Pretending nothing is wrong and collecting money simply is the wrong way to go about this and once again (it's becoming a trend) BimmerBoost is the only site bringing these issues to the attention of the community.

For the record, a member by the name of @tmo335tt says he has a hardware solution for the misfires that he will likely share with Vishnu (hopefully not for free). Interesting that it isn't Vishnu but the community solving this.

Thanks again to @GeorgiaTech335Coupe for sharing his details, good or bad, as we all learn thanks to honesty and openness. There is more to tuning than just collecting money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Ha, funny, u went from no idea to problem found and fixes in less than 24 hours? Interesting. Got pics of said cars side by side, we would love to see them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Ha, funny, u went from no idea to problem found and fixes in less than 24 hours? Interesting. Got pics of said cars side by side, we would love to see them
    Well this forum is rather spectacular with this kind of thing.

But, @tmo335tt says he has a fix. The lack of details bothers me but I think one thing we can agree on is there is some kind of fix to this issue whether it be disabling the misfire detection or some kind of hardware tweak. We'll wait and see, but this isn't unsolvable. Really Shiv should be thanking me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Attachment 22869

I've been through everything on my e90 and it has been a very frustrating process. There are a bunch of computer jockeys on here that take cheap shots at people and start fights to try and make a point. I'm not one of them and I don't help people like that.. some dick earlier was saying he guaranteed that the problem was too much meth. Lostmarine tried to jump in and pull up my old posts as if he was going to jam me up but he didn't know that I have two 335's. The bottom line is that the guys who are having the misfire issue will get their problem resolved and the rest can try to figure it out themselves...good luck. Also Dzenno will be happy to find out that I figured it out. I appreciate all of his posts that were helpful and at least he was wrenching and not just posting BS.
    Vanos solenoid issue, or cam timing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Lol shiv is lurking in this thread hoping to find the solution, to grab it and sell it later claiming he discovred it. But I'll take a stab here: chain flex? Though you would probably see that in vanos logs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Chain on my car was replaced with the head work along with all belts, chain tensioner, didn't fix it, just fyi
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 12-11-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I don't know why you keep talking about Shiv, since this is a hardware issue of specific high powered N54 cars and luckily the fix is easy and straight forward. Or are you saying Shiv is the only one who offers high powered solutions for us? Why is this forum so Shiv-centered?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why you keep talking about Shiv, since this is a hardware issue of specific high powered N54 cars and luckily the fix is easy and straight forward. Or are you saying Shiv is the only one who offers high powered solutions for us? Why is this forum so Shiv-centered?
    The growth of this forum is somewhat proportional to the number of users getting banned over on e90post.

Specifically, in the N54 section of that forum there's not much that will get you banned, unless you start questioning Vishnu too much Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: Transmission cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

This is an issue that is primarily centered around this particular single turbo kit at the moment. This forum is not Shiv-centered, if anything it would be a bit more anti-shiv. The single turbo is big news right now so further information on it is quite welcomed. We're talking 10 pages in basically no time and tons of views. It is what it is as of right now in the n54 world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    The growth of this forum is somewhat proportional to the number of users getting banned over on e90post.
    Disagree. That certainly helps (god bless their ban sticks) but it's due to several factors. I would not go as far as proptional as I seriously doubt every month their number of banned N54 users continues to increase proportionally to the rate of our new members. That just doesn't make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This is an issue that is primarily centered around this particular single turbo kit at the moment. This forum is not Shiv-centered, if anything it would be a bit more anti-shiv. The single turbo is big news right now so further information on it is quite welcomed. We're talking 10 pages in basically no time and tons of views. It is what it is as of right now in the n54 world.
    It is related to the power level + specific hardware + misfire detection algorithm's sensitivity. It is NOT related to any kit directly other than that there is not many other cars around that make the power.

In other words, 1. only part of the ST kit owners are affected and 2. high powered N54 owners are affected that do NOT run the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You clearly missed the part where I said its not a solution but a workaround and explained its temporary until we know what it is. I feel it is not hardware, that there is no actual misfire and it is programming related as the car shows no issues once it is turned off both on/off dyno as evidenced even in my recent 553whp/631wtq dyno runs. I was looking at them at zero smoothing to make sure there was no sudden dips or anything looking remotely off up there.
    If it is a misfire, aren't there ways of detecting that using 3rd party solutions? A constant misfire would show up as a seriously rich condition, correct?

It seems like it would be possible to compute the target AFR in that general range, determine general error % for that target, then disable misfire detection and make some dyno passes while reading the error % on the target AFR. Should be enough to establish the likelihood in a %-chance of it being a real misfire or not. Simple statistics I'd think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

It is related to the power level + specific hardware + misfire detection algorithm's sensitivity. It is NOT related to any kit directly other than that there is not many other cars around that make the power.
    So the kit that will primarily be experiencing this today will be this ST kit won't it?

In other words, 1. only part of the ST kit owners are affected and 2. high powered N54 owners are affected that do NOT run the kit.
    Ok, and? This changes Vishnu portraying this differently how?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@tmo335tt is on to something. Myself, he and the 3rd guy were talking about it last night (since we are all in the same boat). It seems like it could be a legit solution, even though it is not too obvious. I'm ready to implement the solution now, but we have a few steps we want to take first to rule other stuff out. I'm going to let tmo335tt take the lead as this is his brainchild.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast