Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Internet Explorer SUCKS!

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but google is the devil, i dont trust them

    dude you are sorely mistaken if you think that....this is one fight trust me youll lose...just download the browser
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,593
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No

    I personally use firefox, my IT buddy suggested I use it for everything not work related as it is much safer compared to chrome. The new firefox is actually really fast though. Just as fast as chrome
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT





    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally use firefox, my IT buddy suggested I use it for everything not work related as it is much safer compared to chrome. The new firefox is actually really fast though. Just as fast as chrome

    FF is good as far as normal using....IE FF and Chrome all use 3 different JS rendering engines which distinguishes them from each other....take the acid 2 test in chrome and FF.....chrome will finish faster than FF everytime
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    102,348
    Rep Points
    24,748.5
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    248


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but google is the devil, i dont trust them
    Google is awesome and Chrome is amazing.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    as far as web development chrome is by far the best browser to use as its equipped with some of the best web debugging tools out embedded in it....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    102,348
    Rep Points
    24,748.5
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    248


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ That is true.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,593
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FF is good as far as normal using....IE FF and Chrome all use 3 different JS rendering engines which distinguishes them from each other....take the acid 2 test in chrome and FF.....chrome will finish faster than FF everytime
    Well normal use to me is forums and porn, I don't really do much else... lmao! So firefox fits the bill for me!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT





    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    steve just dl then browser....your seriously doing your self an injustice....what version of IE were you using?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well normal use to me is forums and porn, I don't really do much else... lmao! So firefox fits the bill for me!

    lol and smh
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    google is the devil. waaay to much they control. i will not conform.. next thing ya know ill be in line waiting for the iphone 7bieber special edition..

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    google is the devil. waaay to much they control. i will not conform.. next thing ya know ill be in line waiting for the iphone 7bieber special edition..

    smh dude....i feel really sorry for your internet experience
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    what version of IE are you using tho?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    884
    Rep Points
    439.3
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's good for porn though.
    Funny you say that. That is all I use IE for Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    884
    Rep Points
    439.3
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    google is the devil. waaay to much they control. i will not conform.. next thing ya know ill be in line waiting for the iphone 7bieber special edition..
    LOL, sig worthy!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    102,348
    Rep Points
    24,748.5
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    248


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    google is the devil. waaay to much they control. i will not conform.. next thing ya know ill be in line waiting for the iphone 7bieber special edition..
    It's a browser man, using IE is conforming to what Microsoft wants. It doesn't control you any more than any other browser does. I just don't think you understand browsers.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Points
    1,975.3
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IE is terrible....fails the acid2 test year in year out.....

    http://www.ie6countdown.com/
    Yeah, anything before IE9 was terrible. IE 10 however, is a VERY good browser - fast, HTML 5 compliant (shouldn't really say compliant), and passes the acid/acid2 test. It's probably one of the fastest browsers I have used, the scores are good for JS - and it renders webpages very quickly. I haven't benchmarked it, but would go as far as saying it's as fast if not faster than Chrome.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Points
    1,975.3
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    as far as web development chrome is by far the best browser to use as its equipped with some of the best web debugging tools out embedded in it....
    You a developer? Try Safari - curious what you think about its debugging tools.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You a developer? Try Safari - curious what you think about its debugging tools.

    yup...been tapped on the shoulder to come to google twice Click here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    safari is a good browser....but not my browser of choice....the debugging tools are ok....everyone has their preference and mine is chromes by far
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Points
    1,975.3
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I thought these results might be interesting. The first link shows the results of a JavaScript benchmark on IE 10. The computer is a bit old, using a slightly overclocked Q9450 processor, nothing special: http://goo.gl/4vN5W The next link is on an newer computer - an i7 iMac, should be faster in theory than my Windows 8 box - running the test on Chrome: http://goo.gl/KUwvi --- it really does show how much effort MSFT put into performance on the latest browser. I wouldn't say IE 10 is even a full fledged browser, many things seem to be missing - but I guess for most, less is more? If you don't want to click on the links, here are the results - for the "slower" computer running Windows 8, on IE 10, the total averaged time was 186.5ms +/- 0.8% -- for the iMac with a hotter processor using Chrome as the browser, the time was 232.4ms +/- 3.3% -- Pretty impressive in my opinion. One thing I really dislike about IE 10, is that it is too strict. They finally made a compliant browser, but it's a little too compliant. For example, I cannot even add a return character in my posts for some reason (hence the triple dashes all over ---)... Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Points
    1,975.3
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yup...been tapped on the shoulder to come to google twice Click here to enlarge
    Sweet! I have worked at Microsoft as a consultant on one of their products for a while, but never had the chance to see or work at Google. That's seriously awesome - I would love to visit Google just to check out their work environment. What kind of software do you develop?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,581.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought these results might be interesting. The first link shows the results of a JavaScript benchmark on IE 10. The computer is a bit old, using a slightly overclocked Q9450 processor, nothing special: http://goo.gl/4vN5W The next link is on an newer computer - an i7 iMac, should be faster in theory than my Windows 8 box - running the test on Chrome: http://goo.gl/KUwvi --- it really does show how much effort MSFT put into performance on the latest browser. I wouldn't say IE 10 is even a full fledged browser, many things seem to be missing - but I guess for most, less is more? If you don't want to click on the links, here are the results - for the "slower" computer running Windows 8, on IE 10, the total averaged time was 186.5ms +/- 0.8% -- for the iMac with a hotter processor using Chrome as the browser, the time was 232.4ms +/- 3.3% -- Pretty impressive in my opinion. One thing I really dislike about IE 10, is that it is too strict. They finally made a compliant browser, but it's a little too compliant. For example, I cannot even add a return character in my posts for some reason (hence the triple dashes all over ---)... Click here to enlarge
    to much to read...lol...my eyes!!!! but yes, 10 is much more compliant than its predecessors by far...i still choose chrome as the js engine itself is different and i like it better...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sweet! I have worked at Microsoft as a consultant on one of their products for a while, but never had the chance to see or work at Google. That's seriously awesome - I would love to visit Google just to check out their work environment. What kind of software do you develop?

    you can say jack of all trades and a master of alot

    Databases - DB2,UDB,Derby
    batch/host stuff - I can get around the mainframe but i HATE COBOL
    obj oriented - i code java for the most part i can do c,c++,c# etc
    web - html5, css3, AJAX guru jquery is my lib of choice Click here to enlarge, etc etc
    Enterprise frameworks, from jade, struts, homegrown, etc
    SCM - clearcase admin as well as a plethora of other IBM stuff
    webshpere admin...yada yada yada...
    droid dev
    iphone dev(even tho i dont particularly like it)

    funny thing is i HATE math Click here to enlarge

    so yea...i can build just about anything from the ground up


    rightnow i am a software architect for wakefern foods.....they do all the warehousing and logistics for shoprite
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •