Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: UN recognizes state of Palestine

              
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    UN recognizes state of Palestine

    Big step forward but a long way to go:

    UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The United Nations has voted overwhelmingly to recognize a Palestinian state, but the Palestinians still face enormous limitations: They don't control their borders, airspace or trade, they have separate and competing governments in Gaza and the West Bank, and they have no unified army or police.

    In an extraordinary lineup of international support, more than two-thirds of the world body's 193 member states approved the resolution upgrading the Palestinians' status from an observer to a nonmember observer state on Thursday. It passed 138-9, with 41 abstentions.

    The vote was a victory decades in the making for the Palestinians after years of occupation and war. It was a sharp rebuke for Israel and the United States.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Points
    2,603.5
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    this is not going to ease the pain...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What a joke! I have to laugh at anyone's excitement at this outcome. Funny stuff.

    The only way it's a rebuke is if you want it to be. Trust me, no one feels rebuked.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    It isn't a joke that the vote was so one sided.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Points
    2,603.5
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So what does this mean for Israel? giving up land?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what does this mean for Israel? giving up land?
    Israel basically said this doesn't matter they will still do whatever the F they want to.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't a joke that the vote was so one sided.
    There are a lot of news sources out there. You can catch up on thousands of years of reports of global dislike of Jews and Israel.

    All I can do is laugh at the overwhelming support for "Palestinians." You think it worrys Jews, Israelis? Not a chance. Status quo. There are those of us that don't pretend life is what we wish it would be. Israel will always be hated. We don't care. This world isn't about to get more friendly to any group.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Israel basically said this doesn't matter they will still do whatever the F they want to.
    And who's gonna stop em'?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyway, hopefully Palestine can figure out whether they want to be governed by psycho terrorists or a the PA. I wonder how that's gonna go?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are a lot of news sources out there. You can catch up on thousands of years of reports of global dislike of Jews and Israel.

    All I can do is laugh at the overwhelming support for "Palestinians." You think it worrys Jews, Israelis? Not a chance. Status quo. There are those of us that don't pretend life is what we wish it would be. Israel will always be hated. We don't care. This world isn't about to get more friendly to any group.
    So you're saying the whole world just has a global dislike of the Jews and Israel?

    Maybe they just feel Palestinians deserve a state of their own...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And who's gonna stop em'?
    I don't know if that's the right attitude.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying the whole world just has a global dislike of the Jews and Israel?

    Maybe they just feel Palestinians deserve a state of their own...
    Maybe Palestinians do deserve a state. That's not the point. I hope they get a State, but the cards are so heavily stacked against them. They are really in the spotlight, so they have a lot to get right with whipping together a whole functioning nation and all and that ain't happening any time soon.

    Re: whole world not liking Jews? Not the whole world, but most.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't believe in PC.

    Edit: Sorry, I meant to quote your suggestion about the right attitude. My bad.
    Last edited by Sonny; 11-30-2012 at 02:42 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying the whole world just has a global dislike of the Jews and Israel?

    Maybe they just feel Palestinians deserve a state of their own...
    So the majority of the world supports a group of people that pray for the destruction of Israel and death to Jews? Um, what are your thoughts on that?

    This is why it's a joke to someone like me, because it's so easy for you and others to just somehow magically disregard the pure hatred toward Jews that is so common in Palestine and their allies.

    Here's lyrics from a recent hit from the terrorists over there in Palestine:

    Bless [Hamas'] Al-Qassam men, guardians of Palestine
    Oh pride of Salah Shahada, oh wisdom of Immad [Aqel] (Hamas leaders killed by Israel)
    [Oh] the explosives of [Yahya] Ayyash, (Hamas bomb maker killed by Israel), Martyrdom,
    [oh] lovers of the trigger:
    Killing the occupiers is worship that Allah made into law.
    (Arabic text: “Killing Jews is worship that draws us close to Allah”)
    Arise, oh determined men.
    The color of [the Martyr's] blood protects the land.
    Oh masked one wearing a keffiyeh (Arab head scarf), terrifying the Jews…call out in Zionism’s face: ‘Muhammad’s army has begun to return.’”

    Another bit of fire:

    “Brigades — we kidnap soldiers, Brigades — we kill Jews,” the song proclaims. ”Your body parts are scattered everywhere. The cemeteries await you.”

    If you buy now, we will send you this song too:

    Destroy the throne of Zion, the house of absolute evil
    Raise the banner of victory
    Be like the fire of a volcano
    Repeat in the name of your Jihad: Death to Israel!
    With blood and fire, resist until freedom
    Defeat the soldiers of aggression the enemies of humanity.”

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/deat...lose-to-allah/

    The videos in the link are interesting.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the majority of the world supports a group of people that pray for the destruction of Israel and death to Jews?
    How in the world can you say Palestinians as a whole want the destruction of Israel? There are radical Palestinians, sure. Radical Jews too.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why it's a joke to someone like me, because it's so easy for you and others to just somehow magically disregard the pure hatred toward Jews that is so common in Palestine and their allies.
    There's hatred both ways. I personally think if there is going to be a state for one group there should be a state for both groups. The original UN plan said two states didn't it? Well then why in the world hasn't Israel followed it yet they use the UN as legal justification for their existence. It makes no sense to have it only one way.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The videos in the link are interesting.
    Yes there are crazy radical Palestinians. But there are also crazy Zionists who want nothing more than to get rid of the Palestinians too.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No


    This is an example of Palestinian society.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How in the world can you say Palestinians as a whole want the destruction of Israel? There are radical Palestinians, sure. Radical Jews too.



    There's hatred both ways. I personally think if there is going to be a state for one group there should be a state for both groups. The original UN plan said two states didn't it? Well then why in the world hasn't Israel followed it yet they use the UN as legal justification for their existence. It makes no sense to have it only one way.



    Yes there are crazy radical Palestinians. But there are also crazy Zionists who want nothing more than to get rid of the Palestinians too.
    Lets not do the multi quote thing. Takes way too long. We don't need to respond to every point that each of us makes.

    You and me are speaking different languages.

    Radical Palestinians rule Palestine. You know that right? You know any moderate leadership will NEVER happen there. Only extremism.

    A country that cannot stop terrorism from spilling over their borders is not a county in control of their population. Hence, not a real government.

    I return to my original position, to me this is a joke. Arguing about this issue. It's nonsense.

    This move today means squat. And I'm comfortable with that.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets not do the multi quote thing. Takes way too long. We don't need to respond to every point that each of us makes.
    It's actually pretty quick and simple on this site, highlight the text and click quote...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You and me are speaking different languages.

    Radical Palestinians rule Palestine. You know that right? You know any moderate leadership will NEVER happen there. Only extremism.
    I think radical Palestinians have a large foothold in the Gaza Strip but I mean I wonder why. They are pissed off and the people support them as they are angry too.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A country that cannot stop terrorism from spilling over their borders is not a county in control of their population. Hence, not a real government.
    The role of government isn't to control the population or is it? I think this is more of an inconvenience for Israel more than any governing body legitimacy issue.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I return to my original position, to me this is a joke. Arguing about this issue. It's nonsense.

    This move today means squat. And I'm comfortable with that.
    I think it's a significant step and also shoes Israel is pretty much alone with only the United States backing them.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's an interesting opinion from someone who is probably also happy about today's event.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying the whole world just has a global dislike of the Jews and Israel?

    Maybe they just feel Palestinians deserve a state of their own...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a significant step and also shoes Israel is pretty much alone with only the United States backing them.
    Answered your own question I guess...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDpZFmC54mg

    This is an example of Palestinian society.
    Definitely an example. Good thing American media doesn't try to brainwash its population or anything and is a shining example of morals and dignity.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Answered your own question I guess...
    You are equating support for a Palestinian state as dislike of Jews and Israel. It was Western support that even made Israel possible in the first place.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely an example. Good thing American media doesn't try to brainwash its population or anything and is a shining example of morals and dignity.
    You are getting good at this. Comparing the U.S. with Palestine. Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,936
    Rep Points
    23,619.3
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are getting good at this. Comparing the U.S. with Palestine. Click here to enlarge
    The comparison was actually the subversive use of media, thought I was pretty clear...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    806
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The comparison was actually the subversive use of media, thought I was pretty clear...
    Yes, you were clear. I posted a vid with a caption that read "an example of... society."

    You said, "definitely an example." And then you went on to mention the media, which you naturally included within the context of the discussion of society. So, I think we're on the same page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •