Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No.
    Click here to enlarge sorry to hear.

i get a little excited when i see a mention of it that implies its functional state.. looking forward to it a bit haha.. will keep my eyes peeled then Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i get a little excited when i see a mention of it that implies its functional state..
    It implied a past state similar to the topic of the setup in the thread but one day I'm sure it will be functional again. One day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    where is this located? not many matte bvlue dct cars out there with a 625 kit
    Road looks like DNT. Might be the pulley, wrong size injectors, cooling or tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Titan9 Click here to enlarge
    Road looks like DNT. Might be the pulley, wrong size injectors, cooling or tune.
    dnt?

oh, so, what your implying, is that because ESS lost, there MUST be something wrong with the car? and not that the car is not as fast as the camaro, is that how you take it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    dnt?

oh, so, what your implying, is that because ESS lost, there MUST be something wrong with the car? and not that the car is not as fast as the camaro, is that how you take it?
    you asked were this took place. i answered you - DNT = Dallas North Tollway.

As for why the M lost, it could me a number things. On paper it appears the M>camaro. in the video the camaro clearly wins the match. Why did it not perform to the ESS spec? it could be a number of things is all i am saying. Tune, bad injectors, pulley, cooling - possible heat soak, etc. Maybe he needs to swap the gears out. AS for the Camaro, it clearly did what it was set up to do. Flat out straight line speed. would love to see how it performs on a track.

As for my take. i really don't care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Why did it not perform to the ESS spec? it could be a number of things is all i am saying. Tune, bad injectors, pulley, cooling - possible heat soak, etc. Maybe he needs to swap the gears out.
    This is what we call "excuses" in the business. For a kit that's advertised as a "bulletproof bolt-on supercharger", there's a lot of excuses when it loses to some reasonable competition.

With most VF-Engineering, Active Autowerke or Evolve (especially once their kit becomes more popular), if they lost they'd simple admit they lost to a better performing car. With ESS, it always seems to be "well the car wasn't running 100%" or the competition sandbagged them.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

LM have you ran ERM... ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

As for why the M lost, it could me a number things. On paper it appears the M>camaro. in the video the camaro clearly wins the match. Why did it not perform to the ESS spec? it could be a number of things is all i am saying. Tune, bad injectors, pulley, cooling - possible heat soak, etc. Maybe he needs to swap the gears out. AS for the Camaro, it clearly did what it was set up to do. Flat out straight line speed. would love to see how it performs on a track.

I think your posts are reasonable. It could be a number of things.

But... a 570 whp DCT M3 should not have had trouble.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Heh, I was reading this from the beginning when it was only Lostmarine defending the M and was wondering where Sticky was. Then I skipped to Sticky's article and bam. Backup acquired.

All I know is that the new Camaro's I've run are slow as $#@!. They prob don't have the mods this one has, but still. 4k is a lot of weight.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

again, what makes you think it wasnt ess spec? because it lost? because any loss from an ess car means its not running 100%?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    LM have you ran ERM... ?
    ERM stripped his car because of the rod bearing issue before i got mine, then he sold the blower.

I HAVE run other 600-625-650 cars. The 600 car didnt catch me until 140+ then only pulled inches
    The 625 car was .3/3,mph faster than me on the same EXACT day, but he had lightweight wheels, and interior stripped.. basically a 200lb weight difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    again, what makes you think it wasnt ess spec? because it lost? because any loss from an ess car means its not running 100%?
    all i am saying is that a dct m3 with a sc kit advertising 570whp should not lose to a 520whp camaro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I call BS. Something is not right. The M3 should have done a better job against the Camaro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

all i am saying is that a dct m3 with a sc kit advertising 570whp should not lose to a 520whp camaro.
    exactly.. so what else could it be? we can assume both cars are running 100% from the fact that both cars agreed to race, who would race when the cars not running right..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

/\
    Hell if I know. One thing that I do know is that I have seen the car at the local c&c meet. I didnt go the last couple months. If its held next month, I'll be sure to stop by and talk to the owner and get his story.

By the way fellas, I'm a newbie to this forum. I joined to gain knowledge about FI as i will be adding a sc to my e39 next year. Ess was at the top of my list, but now I'm leaning towards the guy that created a sc kit while tooling around in his mom's garage. Sal at evolve writes the tune for it.

I have noticed a lot of talk about who has the fastest ride. Maybe some of you should come down to Texas in march. I'm sure the yellow camaro and the M will be in attendance. www.texasmile.net

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

That's what I am saying as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That's what I am saying as well.
    Just getting a peak horsepower number doesn't really tell you much. The LS3 was probably making north of 500whp the entire pull where the s65(probably) didn't hit that mark until the last ~1k RPMs and fell back off after every shift. Just look at any blown M3 graph, all the power is in the last couple hundred RPMs.

I'm not hating or dogging the s65(it is an absolutely sick engine) but the area under the curve(even with a blower) just isn't there. Just my 2 cents.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Just getting a peak horsepower number doesn't really tell you much. The LS3 was probably making north of 500whp the entire pull where the s65(probably) didn't hit that mark until the last ~1k RPMs and fell back off after every shift. Just look at any blown M3 graph, all the power is in the last couple hundred RPMs.

I'm not hating or dogging the s65(it is an absolutely sick engine) but the area under the curve(even with a blower) just isn't there. Just my 2 cents.
    That's why I want to see dyno graphs. There's a lot more to how a car performs than JUST peak numbers.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Trust me I understand power under the curve but this Camaro is not trapping over 130 and the m3 on rpm drop going to redline is at the meat of its top hp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Trust me I understand power under the curve but this Camaro is not trapping over 130
    For any of the new gen Camaro's are gonna need a bolt-on turbo or supercharger kit to hit those speeds in the 1/4 mile
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Trust me I understand power under the curve but this Camaro is not trapping over 130 and the m3 on rpm drop going to redline is at the meat of its top hp
    I highly doubt the camaro will be trapping 130, but it looks like the m3 isn't going be trapping 130 either.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

True story...add to the fact the NA car should be more responsive the the FI car and have an easier time getting going through the rpm range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Just read the thread on m3post...too funny!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I just did some quick play with MS paint. The toys are

1) ESS VT2-625 with 550whp
    Click here to enlarge

2) Modded LS3 with 518whp
    Click here to enlarge

And the results:

The areas under the HP curve of both car. Of course the M3 has a wider range of RPM in highway roll due the gearing:
    Click here to enlarge

And this is the part we should focus on. The delta between the two areas. As you can see, even if the M3 didn't have the wider RPM range, it would still top the Camaro.
    Click here to enlarge

Add above with other facts like the lower weight of the M3, you will notice that something is not right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I just did some quick play with MS paint. The toys are

1) ESS VT2-625 with 550whp
    Click here to enlarge

2) Modded LS3 with 518whp
    Click here to enlarge

And the results:

The areas under the HP curve of both car. Of course the M3 has a wider range of RPM in highway roll due the gearing:
    Click here to enlarge

And this is the part we should focus on. The delta between the two areas. As you can see, even if the M3 didn't have the wider RPM range, it would still top the Camaro.
    Click here to enlarge

Add above with other facts like the lower weight of the M3, you will notice that something is not right.
    close, but you need to find a dynojet 520hp camaro to be fairly accurate, or a DD dyno M3. OORRR a similarly modded camaro on a dj even if #s are not the same

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast