Thread: 335i Setup...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This picture is great! lmao
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    ^ I know those guys! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey OP,
    I am currently running a Procede with the E85 maps. I run a 50/50 mix and i am definitely maxing my trims. Even after raising OL values on both the user adjustable setting and updating the table. I had to severely cut boost to make sure my trims fell to an acceptable area. I recently switch to the 7-29 auto tune maps, and while my AFR is looking good, I am maxing trims as well. I am going to fill up with an E30 mix and see what the 7-29 maps will do, but as for now I will be switching to Cobb hopefully soon. Why not create a map with a lower percentage ethanol content if its shown that our cars dont handle high ethanol content well? Not to mention that I also reached out with several attempts for support and no response was ever sent, yet when I called about purchasing something they were glad to help. Also, I asked about the procede flash and the turn around time, and got "Well it depends on when we get to it, but it will take probably two days" Really? something that was stated to take no more then an hour or 2, you need my DME for 2 days? Come on! Sorry for the long rant, just figured I should for warn you. Good luck either way, and hope this helps!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention that I also reached out with several attempts for support and no response was ever sent, yet when I called about purchasing something they were glad to help
    It's almost getting absurd how often this is being written on the forums...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Will not run meth nor do I want too... I guess I am the only one that sees the absurdity of running 2 forms of alcohol mixed with gasoline to fuel a street car...
    This is a great forum for information. However, it is important to weed out ignorance like you just did, when probing for information.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This is a great forum for information. However, it is important to weed out ignorance like you just did, when probing for information.
    You're lecturing others on ignorance?

Meth has some very valid uses with pump gas especially.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're lecturing others on ignorance?

Meth has some very valid uses with pump gas especially.
    Sticky please read: E90Flo's suggestion is to run both meth, and E85. Something the OP found, ridiculous. Are you defending ignorance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I would run Meth + 93 before I ran E85 and here is why, Meth does more then just cooling, it has cleaning abilities as well as fueling abilities.
    Meth is also TOXIC, thorough inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact. You've been running around doubling your risk of cancer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ethanol is the same as methanol
    What? both are alcohols, but 2 different types. Methanol is very toxic for instance, while ethanol has zero toxicity. I'd consider that a major difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky please read: E90Flo's suggestion is to run both meth, and E85. Something the OP found, ridiculous. Are you defending ignorance?
    He said he does not run meth period. I'm saying there are applications for it that have merit. I'm not saying to run it with ethanol hence his point of two forms of alcohol. I'm not defending ignorance, for whatever reason you're embracing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

What? both are alcohols, but 2 different types. Methanol is very toxic for instance, while ethanol has zero toxicity. I'd consider that a major difference.
    Uh.. As a fuel, VERY similarYes there are pretty decent chemical differences, but as a fuel, you'd not notice a world of difference.. Varying heat capacities, oxygen content.. a few hp difference? When you stand facing east holding your tongue at the right angle..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Meth is also TOXIC, thorough inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact. You've been running around doubling your risk of cancer.
    It is also neutralized by ethanol

Why would you inhale, ingest, or touch it?

also, it's not a carcinogen, it makes you blind. No cancer..

it's not much a different risk to petrol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Ok if you don't want to run meth because you don't understand it, thats good, and safer.

But I wouldn't call something that is used for more then just fueling (think of the cleaning benefits)

So to your original question, run whatever you feel you understand enough to use comfortably, and be happy with our amazing cars! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

In the OP's case, i would be of his benefit to run both Meth injection, and E85 with Procede only (no Procede Flash). Without the flash or Meth injection, the Procede unit only can do nothing to prevent the DME from pulling timing due to IAT. Meth will cool the charge air temps and allow the DME to continue to targeting proper timing. Anyone who has run high boost on stock twins can attest that it doesnt take a whole lot to get charge air temps above 104*, which is where the DME will starting reducing its timing targets. This is true for both Procede and JB4.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I am really hearing... buy a Cobb AP here... I know shivs sketchy ways and empty promises, trust me. He's done a ton for this platform but he is generally speaking a shady character. Procede flash...lol, most know what that means. Fuel pump upgrade, NLS and 2 step? ... All things Shiv thought of as absurd at one point... and now, no one has even heard or seen a real running single for weeks. lolol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    It is also neutralized by ethanol

Why would you inhale, ingest, or touch it?

also, it's not a carcinogen, it makes you blind. No cancer..

it's not much a different risk to petrol.
    Methanol is a MUTAGEN. i.e; toxic to developing cells. Most mutagens are carcinogenic. You will passively inhale methanol, as the tank in the trunk dissipates gases to you and your occupants. If you have the stuff lying around in your garage, a child could conceivably drink it.

Consider the fact that in many countries it is illegal to possess, because of it's extreme toxicity. So if you are pulled over, and are found in possession, you go to jail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I am really hearing... buy a Cobb AP here... I know shivs sketchy ways and empty promises, trust me. He's done a ton for this platform but he is generally speaking a shady character. Procede flash...lol, most know what that means. Fuel pump upgrade, NLS and 2 step? ... All things Shiv thought of as absurd at one point... and now, no one has even heard or seen a real running single for weeks. lolol
    Shiv's two faced behaviour, strikes me as slightly Sociopathic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Methanol is a MUTAGEN. i.e; toxic to developing cells. Most mutagens are carcinogenic. You will passively inhale methanol, as the tank in the trunk dissipates gases to you and your occupants. If you have the stuff lying around in your garage, a child could conceivably drink it.

Consider the fact that in many countries it is illegal to possess, because of it's extreme toxicity. So if you are pulled over, and are found in possession, you go to jail.
    Wow, here in australia.. Well you can buy 10% metho at the shops for nothing

and you're even allowed to home distill small amounts of ethanol which leaves you with ~500ml odd per batch, of methanol.

Oh look, i have proof you are talking out of your ass

NOT A CARCINOGEN

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol_economy

it metabolizes to formaldehyde IN LARGE AMOUNTS which is carcinogenic

nor is it mutagenic

it's just regular plain poisonous..

I you read carefully however, PETROL is carcinogenic, and also absorbed through the skin.. Would you fancy that!

and if your trunk is leaking fumes from the tank, it'll be leaking petrol (or e85, as it's almost identical to meth..) too which is dangerous anyway.

Tl;dr stop trolling idiots..
    Last edited by Flinchy; 11-30-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

bump... any other results for people running the procede with E85 mixes with and without the flash?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

There's lots on e90. Basically the cars ran OK, then they ran great with the flash.
    A flash of some kind is required. I thought we were discussing which one you should get, and that's clear it's COBB.

So to summarize:
    Q Do I need a flash?
    A Yes.

Q Which flash do I need?
    A COBB.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

I would go AWIC anytime over Meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    There's lots on e90. Basically the cars ran OK, then they ran great with the flash.
    A flash of some kind is required. I thought we were discussing which one you should get, and that's clear it's COBB.

So to summarize:
    Q Do I need a flash?
    A Yes.

Q Which flash do I need?
    A COBB.
    I take it you don't mean E90 as in 90% ethanol? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

bump... any other results for people running the procede with E85 mixes with and without the flash?
    I'm sure most run e85 without flash. Some cars have weak LPFP though, so they need to run less than 50% of e85. Flashed cars can run even straight e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge

So to summarize:
    Q Do I need a flash?
    A Yes.

Q Which flash do I need?
    A COBB.
    The first one depends really. Regarding flash, there is not only one tuner who can flash...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Re methanol vs ethanol, you can as well spray ethanol into your charge pipe. The benefits are similar. Or you can pour some meth into your fuel tank. You are limited into thinking that only meth is sprayed into charge pipe. E.g. Big Tom sprayed ethanol only. An additional benefit for some is that spraying alcohol into the charge pipe directly alleviates possible fueling adequacy problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12