Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 335i Setup...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

335i Setup...

Gents, I am getting the nudge to experiment with E85 as the time has come. My previous 335i was fully bolted; yet the age of ethanol hadn't come yet. I've been saying for ages Meth is an old school way of doing things and as evidenced by the recent threads here and on the other forum; the topic has nearly dissipated since the wider spread usage of E85.

In any case, I am currently running a Procede V5 (don't hate; it has certain traits I really like), BMS DCI and I am about to get my VRSF downpipes installed. It's really cold right now in my area so I don't feel the need for a larger FMIC although it will come as summer arrives. I think with those 3 mods and running a 40/60 or 50/50 e85/93 mix should provide me with decent results.

The question that I have is; does anyone here have thorough experience running E85 on the procede? Do I just load the 50/50 maps and its ready to go or are there any other fine tuning adjustments that I need to make after installation? With that what kind of power can I make on a DJ and what sort of traps could I expect with an AT tranny? Also how do you calculate the mix and make sure that it's safe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If you do go with e85 then I suggest getting the flash(if you can do without your car for a month lol) The PROcede sometimes has issues fueling FBO cars running the standard e10 mix, much less high ethanol mixes.

As always, start conservative and then log and log and log and then start ramping up the boost and timing. Then log again. Then log again.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you do go with e85 then I suggest getting the flash(if you can do without your car for a month lol) The PROcede sometimes has issues fueling FBO cars running the standard e10 mix, much less high ethanol mixes.

As always, start conservative and then log and log and log and then start ramping up the boost and timing. Then log again. Then log again.
    hmmm...that is quite disappointing... can't anyone local to me reflash it with the Procede software?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    hmmm...that is quite disappointing... can't anyone local to me reflash it with the Procede software?
    No you have to ship it in which sucks. That's why alot of us think that Terry's flash using COBB is much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Run both E85 and Meth. All the tunes will work, dont let someone tell you otherwise.

Im running Cobb pro tuned and it works great

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No, Vishnu/FFTEC are the only ones that can flash the DME with the Vishnu software. A long time ago(when the flash was first introduced) Shiv said an at home flash solution was in the works but I haven't seen an update since then.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Run both E85 and Meth. All the tunes will work, dont let someone tell you otherwise.

Im running Cobb pro tuned and it works great
    Will not run meth nor do I want too... I guess I am the only one that sees the absurdity of running 2 forms of alcohol mixed with gasoline to fuel a street car...

I want to run a 50/50 e85 mix.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    No, Vishnu/FFTEC are the only ones that can flash the DME with the Vishnu software. A long time ago(when the flash was first introduced) Shiv said an at home flash solution was in the works but I haven't seen an update since then.
    I am aware... I know Shiv and his ways very well...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Will not run meth nor do I want too... I guess I am the only one that sees the absurdity of running 2 forms of alcohol mixed with gasoline to fuel a street car...

I want to run a 50/50 e85 mix.

I am aware... I know Shiv and his ways very well...
    I share your same opinion regarding meth. Click here to enlarge

I'm not going to say to switch tunes as all of them have alternative fuel support, but I will say that if you ever pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed at all man. I was pretty impressed with just a pump gas tune and then having switched to an alternative fuel map just made my car run silly.

Definitely look into the Vishnu flash if you want to keep using the procede, but as the others have said, the downtime associated with this method is cumbersome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

I would run Meth + 93 before I ran E85 and here is why, Meth does more then just cooling, it has cleaning abilities as well as fueling abilities.

Ethanol only plus is burning slower and not detonating. While it is known that Ethanol is corrosive and eats all kinds of things (rubber, pumps etc etc)

If you're just running E85 i would pickup a Cobb and run their OTS E85 map

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

It's no prob to use Cobb as the base flash. Costs more, but better flexibility and you can resale it.

With no flash it can be dialed in... Just a little more finetuning needed sometimes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I can wait until they offer an at home flashing solution and if not; then I can send them the ECU if they can do it within a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I would run Meth + 93 before I ran E85 and here is why, Meth does more then just cooling, it has cleaning abilities as well as fueling abilities.

Ethanol only plus is burning slower and not detonating. While it is known that Ethanol is corrosive and eats all kinds of things (rubber, pumps etc etc)

If you're just running E85 i would pickup a Cobb and run their OTS E85 map
    ethanol is the same as methanol

it isn't known for just corroding stuff straight up, it destroys already damaged (old, cracked) rubber

It has far more pluses than that, including having more oxygen than methanol. Spray ethanol is just a effective as spray methanol for example

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is anyone upgrading injectors or pumps when going to e85? How is everyone getting around the additional volume issue to run this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mdog Click here to enlarge
    Is anyone upgrading injectors or pumps when going to e85? How is everyone getting around the additional volume issue to run this?
    We are running it 50% -/+ with 93 no pump upgrades yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ethanol is the same as methanol

it isn't known for just corroding stuff straight up, it destroys already damaged (old, cracked) rubber

It has far more pluses than that, including having more oxygen than methanol. Spray ethanol is just a effective as spray methanol for example
    Meth does have some advantages over ethanol, BUT not when ethanol is DI. DI is the main advantage. The only adv in pre-cyl injection is the iat sensor (and extra fueling if needed).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

so to repeat, has anyone successfully ran e85 w the procede without a flash w no issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Don't know about any of the other tunes but the JB4 On map 5 (auto tune) works great with e85. My car pulls like a train now with only about 30-35% e85 compared to 91 piss water, or just running 100oct race gas. I'm afraid ill kill my fueling system sooner but just can't stop filling up with it now.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Ecoboost Flex(DI) had stickers on it clearly saying do NOT add e85 into the fuels system. I was always skeptical though why a properly tuned one couldn't at least add some into the mix with some 93. Never had the desire to do it with a full warranty still in tact. My friend with a Mazda speed 3 has been adding some e85 in with some 93 in his car and using Virtual Dyno noticed a nice pick up in torque with no other additional mods other than adding the e85. He has numerous bolt ons and has about maxed out the stock turbo, so it was a nice pick up for nothing other than changing the fuel blend. Timing is torque. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mdog Click here to enlarge
    No upgraded injectors or pumps officially available for the N54 yet. Terry (BMS) & Shiv/FFTEC are both in the last stages of real world R&D on upgraded fuel pumps, but Terry is the only one who's been actively posting about the results. The only real solution is to run a Flash Tune with upgraded Fueling Tables to meet the increased volume needs of E85.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

$#@!...

I wish they could locally flash the damn Procede... Shiv figure this out or I will buy some Corn on the Cobb...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1832 Post(s)

$#@!...

I wish they could locally flash the damn Procede... Shiv figure this out or I will buy some Corn on the Cobb...
    Just go Cobb and enjoy your corn:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ I know those guys! Click here to enlarge
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'll be getting my cobb way before I send my box off for some random flash I dont have control over.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast