Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Longboarder's (2013 e92 M3 ESS VT2 600) Airstrip Attack Vids

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I guess I will wait until the next roll-on.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    "hey, if you dont post the vid of an M3 slaughtering the vishnu single turbo, ill take it easy on you in the z06.. it will make your car look strong.. youve always been a friend to vishnu, so ill hook you up if you hook us up"

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "hey, if you dont post the vid of an M3 slaughtering the vishnu single turbo, ill take it easy on you in the z06.. it will make your car look strong.. youve always been a friend to vishnu, so ill hook you up if you hook us up"
    Yeah it happened exactly like that. Except why did I post all of my runs against the singles on page 1 of this thread. Anyway it doesn't end there... for my run against the 700 HP Ford GT, he also agreed to drive slow and make me look good. And every race that I won, I paid the drivers to lose. Cause that's how we roll here in Cali.

    Since you are trying to compare your car to mine, go run a heads/cam and lightened Z06 as well as a modded 700 HP Ford GT and have someone else notify me. I won't otherwise see it since I'm setting the ignore feature on you. Bye.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    13.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey OP, that 2013 E that just barely edges you out, is that the bi-turbo? Or the 6.3?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah it happened exactly like that. Except why did I post all of my runs against the singles on page 1 of this thread. Anyway it doesn't end there... for my run against the 700 HP Ford GT, he also agreed to drive slow and make me look good. And every race that I won, I paid the drivers to lose. Cause that's how we roll here in Cali.

    Since you are trying to compare your car to mine, go run a heads/cam and lightened Z06 as well as a modded 700 HP Ford GT and have someone else notify me. I won't otherwise see it since I'm setting the ignore feature on you. Bye.
    lol, so, you at 5 psi, and 570 hp, can run with cars that are upper 135+ mphs, yet run equal to a rb 335 that runs 125 mph.. hhmm.. where is the logic in this? your only a car faster than 125mph car, and a car slower than 135 mph car.. how odd that the owners of those faster cars are aquantances. so, in liberal land, 1 carlength is 5 mph worth? i mean, it makes sense right..

    oh,and the ford gt, yea, im sure you kept right with him.. what usua;ly happens, when monster runs a puny car, is the moster just holds a lead. happens all the time.. dont worry bro, your car is as fast as you claim it is.. just a shame the videos DO tell a different story

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by solekeeper Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey OP, that 2013 E that just barely edges you out, is that the bi-turbo? Or the 6.3?
    It's the biturbo motor with a Renntech tune. It beat a ZR1 Vette among a few other monsters so I didn't mind that it edged me out Click here to enlarge

    I raced a CLS biturbo that was stock with the Performance Package and put about 5-7 cars on it...so the Renntech tune and 200 pound weight advantage do wonders.

    But the NA 6.2 can also be formidable. I ran the HG Motorsports SLS with tune, long tubes, etc. It edged me out as well. This car also beat the ZR1 and ran head-to-head with the Ford GT with upgraded whipple SC...so those NA 6.2's can become beasts as well when built right.

    By the way I recently found out that even though I ordered the ESS VT2 600 kit, ESS shipped me the VT2 625 kit as I have the 96mm pulley. Roman also confirmed it. lol.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,662
    Rep Points
    -118.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Surprise! How boost sensors read 5 psi of boost is beyond me.

    EDIT: I'm not a douche. But i sound like one today for an unknown reason. Do forgive my bad attitude. Click here to enlarge

    EDIT 2: Repped ya for being honest and not hiding stuff.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way I recently found out that even though I ordered the ESS VT2 600 kit, ESS shipped me the VT2 625 kit as I have the 96mm pulley. Roman also confirmed it. lol.
    They can't even figure out which pulley goes where?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,863
    Rep Points
    3,608.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wait....so you got a 625 kit for the price of a 600? Ha that's lucky for you, embarrassing for ESS
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait....so you got a 625 kit for the price of a 600? Ha that's lucky for you, embarrassing for ESS
    I think it just goes to show all kinds of pulleys go everywhere so don't really know if a guy claiming to have a 600 doesn't have a 650 pulley, etc.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,863
    Rep Points
    3,608.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh ok, i gotcha
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Points
    4,313.1
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it just goes to show all kinds of pulleys go everywhere so don't really know if a guy claiming to have a 600 doesn't have a 650 pulley, etc.
    Right!? isn't there a tune to accommodate the pulley and psi ETC. How they hell does something like that happen?
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right!? isn't there a tune to accommodate the pulley and psi ETC. How they hell does something like that happen?
    The software is going to work with a variety of pulleys. You may be able to get more aggressive though with retunes but for the most part the software is very similar between the kits with different pulleys. It really boils down to the pulley being the main difference between them if they are intercooled that is.

    Still, all these different pulleys out there eh?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Points
    4,313.1
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The software is going to work with a variety of pulleys. You may be able to get more aggressive though with retunes but for the most part the software is very similar between the kits with different pulleys. It really boils down to the pulley being the main difference between them if they are intercooled that is.

    Still, all these different pulleys out there eh?
    Weird how these kind of applications work. I just don't understand superchargers and pulleys regarding boost. I'll have to race him myself so we can see Click here to enlarge LOL are you down @longboarder!?
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    By the way I recently found out that even though I ordered the ESS VT2 600 kit, ESS shipped me the VT2 625 kit as I have the 96mm pulley. Roman also confirmed it. lol.[/QUOTE]

    The early Vt 625 kit was delivered with a 92 mm pulley ( mine was), and are boosting like the Vt 650 kit.
    Replace your 96 mm to a 92 mm and you will get a 650 kit to a very low cost.
    This years cristmas gift ?Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The early Vt 625 kit was delivered with a 92 mm pulley ( mine was), and are boosting like the Vt 650 kit.
    Replace your 96 mm to a 92 mm and you will get a 650 kit to a very low cost.
    This years cristmas gift
    Exactly, you just change the pulley and you basically have the higher kit. It's just a money grab regarding the pricing between the intercooled kits.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird how these kind of applications work. I just don't understand superchargers and pulleys regarding boost. I'll have to race him myself so we can see Click here to enlarge LOL are you down @longboarder !?
    Centrifugals are easier to tune for because you are dealing with boost that comes in as RPM's rise. So the default software can just adjust especially considering the software is canned and not a custom dyno tune.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Points
    4,313.1
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Centrifugals are easier to tune for because you are dealing with boost that comes in as RPM's rise. So the default software can just adjust especially considering the software is canned and not a custom dyno tune.
    Kinda makes things much easier. Swap pully's to get the power level you want.
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kinda makes things much easier. Swap pully's to get the power level you want.
    Basically but at some point you may need to pull timing, etc.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Points
    4,313.1
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically but at some point you may need to pull timing, etc.
    That's what sucks about canned tunes.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,897
    Rep Points
    26,012.5
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what sucks about canned tunes.
    I'm not a big fan with boosted applications. Always prefer a custom tune.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way I recently found out that even though I ordered the ESS VT2 600 kit, ESS shipped me the VT2 625 kit as I have the 96mm pulley. Roman also confirmed it. lol.
    The early Vt 625 kit was delivered with a 92 mm pulley ( mine was), and are boosting like the Vt 650 kit.
    Replace your 96 mm to a 92 mm and you will get a 650 kit to a very low cost.
    This years cristmas gift ?Click here to enlarge[/QUOTE]

    weird, did you dyno 570hp? seems cats out of the bag. i guess it all comes down to boost used.. and thats in relation to pulley size? but hey , its a shame no one said that about 2 years ago.. oh wait.. some of us did..and then showed how to measure a pulley.. very odd how then we were called fanboys and no idea what we are talking about.. but now this pulley shipped here, those pullies wont work cause of a spacer, this kit can run xyz boost with B tune, oh sorry, wrong tune, try this one. oh, IAT code issues? ok, try this tune, just run race fuel. i swear its the stock tuning. oh, thats not our pulley, you must be confused, oh sorry, that our UK version pulley.. car pulls by itself? lol, thats not a supercharger issue, thats a driver issue.....

    im done with all the retards

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The early Vt 625 kit was delivered with a 92 mm pulley ( mine was), and are boosting like the Vt 650 kit.
    Replace your 96 mm to a 92 mm and you will get a 650 kit to a very low cost.
    This years cristmas gift ?Click here to enlarge
    weird, did you dyno 570hp? seems cats out of the bag. i guess it all comes down to boost used.. and thats in relation to pulley size? but hey , its a shame no one said that about 2 years ago.. oh wait.. some of us did..and then showed how to measure a pulley.. very odd how then we were called fanboys and no idea what we are talking about.. but now this pulley shipped here, those pullies wont work cause of a spacer, this kit can run xyz boost with B tune, oh sorry, wrong tune, try this one. oh, IAT code issues? ok, try this tune, just run race fuel. i swear its the stock tuning. oh, thats not our pulley, you must be confused, oh sorry, that our UK version pulley.. car pulls by itself? lol, thats not a supercharger issue, thats a driver issue.....

    im done with all the retards[/QUOTE]

    Sorry if i affended you, but it was just a friendly advise if you didn,t know that it is possible to run 92 mm pulley on your tune.
    BTW i made 595 whp...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    weird, did you dyno 570hp? seems cats out of the bag. i guess it all comes down to boost used.. and thats in relation to pulley size? but hey , its a shame no one said that about 2 years ago.. oh wait.. some of us did..and then showed how to measure a pulley.. very odd how then we were called fanboys and no idea what we are talking about.. but now this pulley shipped here, those pullies wont work cause of a spacer, this kit can run xyz boost with B tune, oh sorry, wrong tune, try this one. oh, IAT code issues? ok, try this tune, just run race fuel. i swear its the stock tuning. oh, thats not our pulley, you must be confused, oh sorry, that our UK version pulley.. car pulls by itself? lol, thats not a supercharger issue, thats a driver issue.....

    im done with all the retards
    Sorry if i affended you, but it was just a friendly advise if you didn,t know that it is possible to run 92 mm pulley on your tune.
    BTW i made 595 whp...[/QUOTE]

    no offense taken. i couldnt recall what you did dyno. im well aware of what size pulleys are offered. ive seen the plethora of ones accompany these cars. Im not sure when, but i believe at a certain point they change the crank pulley as well so as to not induce slippage

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Actually there is no more VT2 600 kit. I ordered mine right as ESS did their "change over" as indicated on their current web site.

    My sense is that the new 625 kit makes the same power as the 600 kit on 91 octane. But certainly responds nicely to octane increases as evidenced by my delta of 27 RWHP when I dyno'd with a blend of 91 and 100 (~95 octane).

    My understanding is that I cannot use the current 650 pulley as it uses an entirely different rib system...but maybe there are some 92mm pulleys out there from the "old" 625 kits that are interchangeable with the 96 mm pulleys that will work on 91 octane without detrimental effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •