Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: diff lockdown/wheel hop fix nearing production...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is a replacement for all factory diff bushings plus an additional support apparatus which is not shown,not the subframe to chassis,correct
    Ahh thanks, so powerflexes are back in the shoppin cart

i look forward to seeing your next updates now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I think the kit will replace the 3 stock diff bushings then add a 4th one somewhere on the passenger side sub-frame that connects via an arm to a custom diff plate. Think of the arm as a really short toe arm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I think I'm going to get in on this. Too much stuff breaking around here from wheel hop.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Looking forward to try out this lockdown bracket. I remember posting about this ages ago. Really glad someone stepped up to make this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to try out this lockdown bracket. I remember posting about this ages ago. Really glad someone stepped up to make this.
    I'll be sure to give my feedback on this. I'll be dropping the car off the 25th or 26th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    I'll be sure to give my feedback on this. I'll be dropping the car off the 25th or 26th.
    Awesome! DEATH TO WHEEL HOP! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

So, the lockdown piece is a panhard bar?

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    So, the lockdown piece is basically a panhard bar for the diff?
    Fixed* BB won't allow edits

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Man, I need these, DSS rear axles, and looks like DSS drive shaft? It's no longer a slippery slope, I'm on the bottom and just digging myself deeper =|
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    So, the lockdown piece is a panhard bar?
    nope.i applied for an application patent today,as soon as i receive confirmation of patent pending i'll put it all up to quench all the inquiries into the extra pieces...+1 on the DEATH TO WHEELHOP bit,this has taken months and multiple incarnations,a lot of money and even more time.I'm 110% sure this will handle anything anyone can throw at it. I'm pushing along the process as fast as possible(without sacrificing quality control).Thanks for all the interest!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm probably going to get this kit also, didn't have too much wheelhop in the past but now with the RBs in it's quite bad.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | STETT CP | Forge DV | AFE Stage 2 DCI | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@uniter just to clarify, you have this installed on a fully stock rear suspension (ie, links, subframe bushings)?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction
    [
    01/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Cobb S2+ PTF-protune | Stett CAI | ETS 5" FMIC | AR DP | AE Exhaust - Gone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

100% stock aside from my limited slip. Sport suspension.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Dropped the car off today and got the chance to see the pieces that will go on her. Pictures don't do it any justice, the pieces are beautiful! I have total confidence that Rick has engineered this product to the fullest. It also helps that he gives a lifetime warranty on his product! I'm not much for doing reviews on $#@!, but I will give my thoughts on the driving experience afterwards.

After seeing @uniter car in action I have no doubt it will work flawlessly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Saw the car at Rick's shop @Blaizon I didn't get a proper look during the vette cruise; that red interior is bangin.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Saw the car at Rick's shop @Blaizon I didn't get a proper look during the vette cruise; that red interior is bangin.

Hehe, thanks bro!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Update...all the cnc bits fit tight as a glove,its all the perfect press fit i had hoped for. Calling the cnc shop and greenlighting production for that part of it...on to the next little hurdle of waterjetting brackets,i'm making them by hand currently,it's a little more time consuming than I'd like,but that's life.some of the early shippers will probably get the hand made ones,lovingly "caressed" by yours truly until the ball gets rolling. Stay tuned,wont be long!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I can't wait all I need is the arms
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Update...all the cnc bits fit tight as a glove,its all the perfect press fit i had hoped for. Calling the cnc shop and greenlighting production for that part of it...on to the next little hurdle of waterjetting brackets,i'm making them by hand currently,it's a little more time consuming than I'd like,but that's life.some of the early shippers will probably get the hand made ones,lovingly "caressed" by yours truly until the ball gets rolling. Stay tuned,wont be long!
    Cool, good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

whats the estimated install time for this kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    whats the estimated install time for this kit?
    it takes probably an hour longer than doing a standard diff bushing upgrade, all my bushings are designed to be drawn into their perspective areas save for one for a "press fit" each kit will have detailed instructions with pictures/diagrams to make install for the do it yourselfer a little easier.if one isn't comfortable with removal of the diff and the oem bushings(some special tools are required),seeking the assistance of a well equipped shop is recommended...for those of you interested in the arms/bracket/bushings that already have solid mounts, it shouldnt take more than a half hour to an hour to install that bit,you should be able to squeak it in without removal of the diff.i have not tested this with the delrin bushings in opposition to mine,theoretically,it "should" work either way,although the press fit ones are a sure thing, and my bushings are an interlocking two-piece design for the rear upper subframe to add additional support. during testing,urethane bushings provided less than favorable results in addition to the arm/bracket/bushing part of the kit.it is very important to ensure that there is no possible movement of the differential unit to achieve total success in fixing the problem.
    thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Victim of Wheel Hop Monster

Damn wheel hop moster attacked my drive shaft and diff. Looking forward to the finalization of this kit
    BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
    DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Still patiently waiting! I was getting a lot of wheel hop the last time at the track. Don't want to press my luck again!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Still patiently waiting! I was getting a lot of wheel hop the last time at the track. Don't want to press my luck again!
    just dropped materials and templates off @ waterjet shop,so I'm hoping I'll be ready to ship kits in a week or two.very close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

just dropped materials and templates off @ waterjet shop,so I'm hoping I'll be ready to ship kits in a week or two.very close.
    Get them out there while some of the tracks are still open Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast