Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just don't understand why guys aren't posting vids of races up. I also don't understand why theres no mention of any single T races other than one where the start speed was botched blah blah.

Why is there a complete black out here and on the other site? Whatever the reason it's dumb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robertm Click here to enlarge
    I just don't understand why guys aren't posting vids of races up. I also don't understand why theres no mention of any single T races other than one where the start speed was botched blah blah.

Why is there a complete black out here and on the other site? Whatever the reason it's dumb
    +1. It's the usual political crap that the other forum loves so much.

I went to a airstrip event a few weeks back and posted my vids the next day. Nothing to hide. Obviously it's not the case with this event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robertm Click here to enlarge

It's because Bimmerpost wants to control the videos to promote their site. Our guys will put up their vids and don't give a $#@!. So don't worry too much about it.

We'll probably get some highly edited promotional piece of crap. I just want to see races without editing, intros, music overlaid, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    +1. It's the usual political crap that the other forum loves so much.

I went to a airstrip event a few weeks back and posted my vids the next day. Nothing to hide. Obviously it's not the case with this event.
    Yep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We'll probably get some highly edited promotional piece of crap. I just want to see races without editing, intros, music overlaid, etc.
    Yes sir. Would much prefer the raw vids and no editing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

That makes all of us..
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually pulled 422 on FFTEC's Mustang. So they estimate that to be around 500 compared to a Dynojet. Now that I'm back home, I'm heading over to HPF to dyno on their Dynojet to do a comparison. I have a few stock pulls with them also so I can see what my delta is after the fact. So hopefully it does well. Concerned with the trans at that power. Not sure if it will hold up next year.

BTW, someone said you did an AT upgrade. How did that turn out? If you have a thread you can share with me, please send it to me. Really like to look into options. I think I read somewhere that the 335d has a stronger converter, but I could be wrong.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im confused wedge, where is his talk of 500hp coming from if you havent run it on the dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    If you have a thread you can share with me
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lostmarine+bimm...evel10+upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had a great time meeting some of you guys at Shift Sector! Wedge's car is no joke, by far the fastest stock turbo N54 that I have been able to race. Unfortunately, I missed my 4th gear shift so we ended up about dead even at the finish line (rematch damnit!), but every other stock turbo car I raced was bus lengths behind so I was extremely impressed.

I also had the chance to race a couple single turbo cars, as well as Sickk335's RB car. Also very impressive cars, especially the RB car. Of those three, I felt that the RB car and the white single turbo coupe performed very similarly, with the single turbo sedan a bit slower. All three of the upgraded turbo cars were able to beat me, from my perspective it looked like 1-2 cars but it could be otherwise.

From what I experienced in my races, Sickk335's RB car does pull harder than any stock turbo car (including Wedge's).

I was in the B5 S4, and we also had a couple B8 S4's there. From what I saw, Wedge's car was one of only a couple N54's that beat the B8's, so again props where they are due.

I'll post whatever footage we compiled on our Facebook/YouTube pages. Cheers to a great weekend!
    Last edited by Thomas@GIAC; 11-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually pulled 422 on FFTEC's Mustang. So they estimate that to be around 500 compared to a Dynojet. Now that I'm back home, I'm heading over to HPF to dyno on their Dynojet to do a comparison. I have a few stock pulls with them also so I can see what my delta is after the fact. So hopefully it does well. Concerned with the trans at that power. Not sure if it will hold up next year.

BTW, someone said you did an AT upgrade. How did that turn out? If you have a thread you can share with me, please send it to me. Really like to look into options. I think I read somewhere that the 335d has a stronger converter, but I could be wrong.
    yes, i was the 1st to do the level 10 upgrade. sticky was kind enough to link you Click here to enlarge

i would assum 422 on a mustang is closer to 460-470 DJ, if the mustang is a low reading one and not one setup to read DJ like 3#'s

im just stirring over the fact everyone is so uptight about not posting videos

for BT N54's i said it before, if its nothing AMAZING then its really not a win, regardless of whos in front.

for the M3's, I KNOW what a "100" hp advantage should look like

its just pussy Cali Egos $#@! to not post a video because someone lost.. WTF do people think was gonna happen?

Magically in the land of liberals, everyone is a winner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I need to find a good core w/ converter. If you still know a chop shop with one let me know. I'm still not quite sure what is going on during 5th gear. On my to-do list is to figure out how to manually unlock the converter so I can unlock it under load just to see if it has the same effect (RPMs through the roof). You'd think it would be well hydrocoupled up there but I can hope it's going to be as easy as a converter clutch. Click here to enlarge

Anyway I ran around with 445whp/500wtq for a few years without much issue. What hurt mine originally was a bunch of nitrous testing and it's been iffy ever since. But generally works. Now with the RBs the old problems have all cropped up. I'm hitting up the drags next week and I'm praying 2nd holds for a few launches. I know the car has a 10s in it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC Click here to enlarge
    I had a great time meeting some of you guys at Shift Sector! Wedge's car is no joke, by far the fastest stock turbo N54 that I have been able to race. Unfortunately, I missed my 4th gear shift so we ended up about dead even at the finish line (rematch damnit!), but every other stock turbo car I raced was bus lengths behind so I was extremely impressed.

I also had the chance to race a couple single turbo cars, as well as Sickk335's RB car. Also very impressive cars, especially the RB car. Of those three, I felt that the RB car and the white single turbo coupe performed very similarly, with the single turbo sedan a bit slower. All three of the upgraded turbo cars were able to beat me, from my perspective it looked like 1-2 cars but it could be otherwise.

From what I experienced in my races, Sickk335's RB car does pull harder than any stock turbo car (including Wedge's).

I was in the B5 S4, and we also had a couple B8 S4's there. From what I saw, Wedge's car was one of only a couple N54's that beat the B8's, so again props where they are due.

I'll post whatever footage we compiled on our Facebook/YouTube pages. Cheers to a great weekend!
    Ah there you are. Hey man, I put my 450lb friend in the passenger seat to try and make it fair Click here to enlarge (I'm 320lb myself) There, I'm done making excuses for not beating you by more car lengths lol. And you are right, Sick's car was fast as hell.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

its just pussy Cali Egos $#@! to not post a video because someone lost.. WTF do people think was gonna happen?

Magically in the land of liberals, everyone is a winner?
    @Sticky, is this really the kind of stuff you want posted on your site? I guess we should just post whatever ignorant crap we feel like now?

@LostMarine, 24 hours after a race ends and you don't have enough videos of M3s beating other cars to jack off to so you attack...California as a state? Who do you think has the ego here?

To everyone on here who was actually there racing, you guys rule. Sorry people on the internet have to suck so much.

-An egotistical Californian liberal pussy
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

its easy man, there is a video, no need to explain how it went down, post it, then talk about it. Im with the majority here that if theres a vid and not posting, its BS, and thats pussy in our book. Ever seen me lose a race? yup, ever seen me lose a race to a lesser car? yup. see the difference yet

let me be clear and leave no interpretation. I have no issue with you, as a person. I DO feel that you do not have 567rwhp on an accurate dyno (the delta gain is close though) i DO NOT think those #s are 5 psi, I DO NOT think it is ok to have video's and refuse to post because a former vendor loses/ does not do as well as one anticipated. That is low for any REAL enthusiast to do.
    I don't care if you think my car makes 567 RWHP. The 5psi doesn't make sense to me either, but that's the data from the 10 runs (4.9 to 5.1 psi). I'm not going to fake data. I'm more likely 6.5 psi but I haven't seen it.

I have vids on both a GoPro and a Sony cam and a videographer is in process of splicing everything together. Vids will be posted including my run with Shiv. And like Sticky said, supplemental info is a good thing so that info will be posted as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone scared to post a legal vid of a friendly race is a pussy in my book.
    Who's scared?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky , is this really the kind of stuff you want posted on your site? I guess we should just post whatever ignorant crap we feel like now?
    You sure you aren't being a littler overly sensitive? I live in California and didn't take offense to it. There are a lot of liberal pussies in California but that doesn't mean the members on here from California are. I think he in particular just has a negative view of California and politics at the moment.

People want to see videos and don't want idiotic forum politics dictating what is released or when.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Who's scared?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People want to see videos and don't want idiotic forum politics dictating what is released or when.
    The longer it takes for the vids to pop up especially from the other side just goes to show how much editing is needed to make their runs look half decent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

wow spent the last 1/2 hour reading this whole thread .. what happend to friendly racing ? marv,wedge and i all have raced and hi fived each other when the other one wins , just makes you want to go for it agian or go back to the drawing board . heard tons of bs you either won or lost had a good day or bad dont matter its a blast either way .sorry thought LM post on the libs was funny Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The longer it takes for the vids to pop up especially from the other side just goes to show how much editing is needed to make their runs look half decent.
    Rather than look half decent I think it's more to control the way the races are portrayed and make sure the sponsors look good.

Seriously, it's $#@!ing lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You sure you aren't being a littler overly sensitive? I live in California and didn't take offense to it. There are a lot of liberal pussies in California but that doesn't mean the members on here from California are. I think he in particular just has a negative view of California and politics at the moment.

Yeah I'll admit he is getting on my nerves. I'm just trying to make a point. What would these forums look like if everyone posted like him?

It's ok. I've solved my problem:
    var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.src = 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';
    script.type = 'text/javascript';
    document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);
    jQuery('#posts').find("b:contains('LostMarine')"). parents('.postbit').css('display', 'none');
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sig worthy comment right thur
    Hahaha, nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I'll admit he is getting on my nerves. I'm just trying to make a point. What would these forums look like if everyone posted like him?

It's ok. I've solved my problem:
    var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.src = 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';
    script.type = 'text/javascript';
    document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);
    jQuery('#posts').find("b:contains('LostMarine')").parents('.postbit').css('display', 'none');
    That's a rather elaborate solution considering you have an ignore function built into the forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol if I beat Shiv in a fair race I'd post it for sure. The fact is the start was botched and I had at least 3-4 cars on him initially and I watched as he pulled right up to my door at the finish line. His car is making quite a bit more power for sure.
    So the race against the Ford GT with upgraded supercharger wasn't botched. My guess is he probably had some trouble putting the power down. Did you get the jump on the GT, if so how hard was he pulling on you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky , is this really the kind of stuff you want posted on your site? I guess we should just post whatever ignorant crap we feel like now?

@LostMarine , 24 hours after a race ends and you don't have enough videos of M3s beating other cars to jack off to so you attack...California as a state? Who do you think has the ego here?

To everyone on here who was actually there racing, you guys rule. Sorry people on the internet have to suck so much.

-An egotistical Californian liberal pussy
    yup, cali egos in the way.. its been balatantly stated, no loss videos because someone lost that should have won.. well what did you expec to happen? tsicky dont care whats posted here, I, he, and hundreds of other people are pissed you guys want to hide videos.. yea, thats a liberal thinker to me.. somehow, that everyone is a winner.. reality is someone is bound to lose. seems im right on point with my comments

I don't care if you think my car makes 567 RWHP. The 5psi doesn't make sense to me either, but that's the data from the 10 runs (4.9 to 5.1 psi). I'm not going to fake data. I'm more likely 6.5 psi but I haven't seen it.
    i know, the fact your arent trying to over embelish the fact is the only reason im not on the attack. i just didnt want you to think i was being shady in my approach. 567 is too much for even 6 psi on an accurate dyno, and we know its not happening at just 5 psi.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast