Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 300

Thread: Shift Sector Race

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    576.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by exZackt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may be a little out there.. But is it possible that Wedge's car did have some some upgraded OEM turbos and isn't telling the public. Would seem like a strategy to make BMS look bad
    I know Wedge personally, lying and playing tricks are not his style...
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    1.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay, I only wondered because 500whp seems a little unrealistic on stock turbos

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Wedge personally, lying and playing tricks are not his style...
    Maybe its a high reading Mustang dyno, just trying to make sense of those numbers

    *Also I'm not trying to take anything away from Wedge.. congrats Wedge sounds like your car is really healthy

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    576.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    He actually made 420whp on the mustang dyno. Which is still pretty impressive for stock turbos. Running 100% E85 and meth, he can go pretty aggressive on the tuning end.

    But you're right, 500rw on a mustang is unreal for stock turbos so I see why you had doubts Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by exZackt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I only wondered because 500whp seems a little unrealistic on stock turbos



    Maybe its a high reading Mustang dyno, just trying to make sense of those numbers

    *Also I'm not trying to take anything away from Wedge.. congrats Wedge sounds like your car is really healthy
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    810.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So.. Lemme get it straight.. All the single turbo customer cars weren't even ready to race, but the rb turbo cars were?

    if i've paid that much for it, and can't rock up and have a run, that's simply not acceptable, no matter how good it goes on day two..

    sounds pretty lame

    and question: how can you run 100% e85 when it's been shown that the oem lpfp can't flow high enough?
    or is it flowing at max with the meth propping it up?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    576.2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    and question: how can you run 100% e85 when it's been shown that the oem lpfp can't flow high enough?
    or is it flowing at max with the meth propping it up?

    he is running the inline booster pump that Vishnu/FFTEC offer
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    313
    Rep Points
    335.7
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Popcorn and beer... Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see you here man! Awesome runs, @cwarren and I are looking forward to look over those videos when you get back here.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    313
    Rep Points
    335.7
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, at one point in time I thought the same thing, but just to set things right, I made 422whp on a Mustang that everyone calls the heart breaker because it reads low. I've made over 400whp on HPF's DynoJet a long time ago and only made 365 on the Mustang this past spring for the FFTEC open house. I do plan on going back to HPF in Portland and getting another dyno once I get back home to see where I started from and where I'm at today. I do have old dynos with them when my car was stock. So it will be interesting to see how things have progressed over the course of the past two years...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by exZackt Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I only wondered because 500whp seems a little unrealistic on stock turbos



    Maybe its a high reading Mustang dyno, just trying to make sense of those numbers

    *Also I'm not trying to take anything away from Wedge.. congrats Wedge sounds like your car is really healthy

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,576
    Rep Points
    24,178.8
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So.. Lemme get it straight.. All the single turbo customer cars weren't even ready to race, but the rb turbo cars were?
    So WTF was Shiv and his ball lickers running their mouths? They couldn't race anyone there to race on Saturday anyway.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    313
    Rep Points
    335.7
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    This post by Wedge1967 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,576
    Rep Points
    24,178.8
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terry was fishing and was trying to call out single turbo right when Shiv was trying to fix an torque related shifting issue on the AT singles. You all need to cut Shiv some slack because he's really pushing the limits to see what we can do with the car.
    I need to cut Shiv slack? He's been running his mouth here about these single turbos and how guys are rolling around enjoying them blah blah blah but reality is the kit is still being tweaked. Reality also seems to be he has some hand picked guys he is using as guinea pigs to test the setup before it really goes out to everyone as a complete kit. Probably why we have only seen dragstrip numbers from him and not any actual customers.

    That said, he had to try to fix shifting issues at the event? Why would this be done last minute?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    please remember that everything Shiv does for the N54 community will eventually make your tune better also.
    Oh that's rich, lol. Can't wait to see what Shiv does for my tune.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    313
    Rep Points
    335.7
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, this entire platform is always being tested and a lot of the cars just had singles installed. R&D goes way beyound production release. As we turn up power, we're always going to find something else that needs to be tweeked. How often do you get the chance to run a car WOT for 1/2 mile. This truly is a new oportunity because in normal driving, you wouldn't see the same issues because you wouldn't be WOT through all the gears on the street.

    We have a few extra slots for tomorrow. I'm sure if I ask William, he wouldn't mind putting on the FFTEC sponsor list so you can come out and play. If you really think your car is fast, I'll race you. I know my car is fast and I know the singles are faster. I've said it once and I'll say it again, put up or shut up. Then, and maybe then you might learn something new that could make your tune better.




    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to cut Shiv slack? He's been running his mouth here about these single turbos and how guys are rolling around enjoying them blah blah blah but reality is the kit is still being tweaked. Reality also seems to be he has some hand picked guys he is using as guinea pigs to test the setup before it really goes out to everyone as a complete kit. Probably why we have only seen dragstrip numbers from him and not any actual customers.

    That said, he had to try to fix shifting issues at the event? Why would this be done last minute?



    Oh that's rich, lol. Can't wait to see what Shiv does for my tune.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    810.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he is running the inline booster pump that Vishnu/FFTEC offer
    Ahh i didn't know they already had it out.. Off to find more info on it!

    though terry found the hpfp bottlenecks still?

    i'm sure there'd be something else then that's not mentioned?


    ... This is why when i build my n54, i'm going to avoid as much of this stuff as possible. I want my car to work, no issues, totally reliable, and i want to know exactly what's done with it, no bs, no hiding.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    810.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this entire platform is always being tested and a lot of the cars just had singles installed. R&D goes way beyound production release. As we turn up power, we're always going to find something else that needs to be tweeked. How often do you get the chance to run a car WOT for 1/2 mile. This truly is a new oportunity because in normal driving, you wouldn't see the same issues because you wouldn't be WOT through all the gears on the street.

    We have a few extra slots for tomorrow. I'm sure if I ask William, he wouldn't mind putting on the FFTEC sponsor list so you can come out and play. If you really think your car is fast, I'll race you. I know my car is fast and I know the singles are faster. I've said it once and I'll say it again, put up or shut up. Then, and maybe then you might learn something new that could make your tune better.
    uhh, maybe you should check actually what sticky's car is, before saying anything more.. It's uhh... Yeah just go check it out before you seem sillier lol

    read the thread sticky made in this n54 forum about this event...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,576
    Rep Points
    24,178.8
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this entire platform is always being tested and a lot of the cars just had singles installed. R&D goes way beyound production release. As we turn up power, we're always going to find something else that needs to be tweeked. How often do you get the chance to run a car WOT for 1/2 mile. This truly is a new oportunity because in normal driving, you wouldn't see the same issues because you wouldn't be WOT through all the gears on the street.
    Yes I realize this is all a work in progress but that is the point I'm making. The actual point the cars are at and how they have been portrayed seem to be quite different.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you really think your car is fast, I'll race you. I know my car is fast and I know the singles are faster. I've said it once and I'll say it again, put up or shut up. Then, and maybe then you might learn something new that could make your tune better.
    Jesus Christ dude.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,576
    Rep Points
    24,178.8
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    uhh, maybe you should check actually what sticky's car is, before saying anything more.. It's uhh... Yeah just go check it out before you seem sillier lol

    read the thread sticky made in this n54 forum about this event...
    No, no, please, let him continue. I don't want to alienate Shiv by discouraging one of his customers therefore not being blessed with his tuning.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    810.5
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




    Jesus Christ dude.
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, no, please, let him continue. I don't want to alienate Shiv by discouraging one of his customers therefore not being blessed with his tuning.
    True, my bad, if i could edit my post, i would, the benefits could indeed be great!


    The popcorn worthiness of this is too great D:

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    706
    Rep Points
    770.5
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    128.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ironic how sticky is talking delays with a car.

    Take off the glasses, look how many rb guys were having issues with 5th gear at this event also, not just the singles. Did you forget about that fact also? If so read terry's comments again.

    It's obvious a lot of these 500+ hp 3s are having tranny issues at higher speeds so stop looking for a fight that isn't there.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    128.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Let's all make bets. Will we see a video of stickys M before the end of the year. Kinda like a baby poll, I'm taking Jan 14.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    FFTEC/Vishnu failed? oh i hope today goes well for them.. i mean, is only been like, how many months since people got these single turbo cars, and were "ready" to run back then.. but i guess not.. oh how i wish i could have brought my lowly M3 there.. would have been interesting

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and put a few cars on Longboarder's supercharged DCT M3 (~560rw IIRC).
    i guess 560 isnt 560?


    im confused wedge, where is his talk of 500hp coming from if you havent run it on the dyno?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,051
    Rep Points
    1,689.4
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Congrats on the great runs. I'm really jealous you're running 100% e85 lol. Can't wait to see some vids.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, at one point in time I thought the same thing, but just to set things right, I made 422whp on a Mustang that everyone calls the heart breaker because it reads low. I've made over 400whp on HPF's DynoJet a long time ago and only made 365 on the Mustang this past spring for the FFTEC open house. I do plan on going back to HPF in Portland and getting another dyno once I get back home to see where I started from and where I'm at today. I do have old dynos with them when my car was stock. So it will be interesting to see how things have progressed over the course of the past two years...
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    313
    Rep Points
    335.7
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky will be sticky. I understand. It's easy to make a post and say whet every he wants without doing anything to back it up. I'm in Socal bro, lets get it on... Honestly for me it has nothing to do with the tune. I would have been just as happy to own COBB, but when I was researching tunes, at the time the PROcede was the best tune. Today it's about Sift S3ctor. You are there or you are not. You can't backup anything you say if you don't show up.

    Flinchy, you're also welcome to come put your hp were your mouth is. My car wasn't have any issues with keeping up with Terry if you're all turning this into a tuner war. I think Terry was a nice guy and really enjoyed talking with him. I even buy parts for my car from him. But a stripped out 135 with RBs should have walked all over me, but he didn't so it would be nice if a few more RBs would show today so I have some real compatition and I can have fun running my car and we can come together as N54 owners, not tune haters. So stop sitting on your ass and get in your car and drive over and check it out. Even if you don't want to drive, come hang out with the guys. I have two pit passess anyone in SoCal who shows up can have them.

    If you do make it down, look me up. It will be fun even if you do beet me. I don't really car, but it will be fun for everyone. BTW, I walked all over an Audi S4 GIAC yesterday... Spaked him.. I'm hitting 150 traps, so I should be able to get some 60 ~ times...


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Click here to enlarge

    True, my bad, if i could edit my post, i would, the benefits could indeed be great!


    The popcorn worthiness of this is too great D:

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lets see some videos before you say how bad it was or close it was though.. a bumper is buslengths to some people, and i know firsthand, in car view of getting "walked by" is much harsher than you think when viewed from the outside

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,223
    Rep Points
    6,059.5
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey guys, Wedge here. I have to admit it was very nice meeting Terry and we actually had a good time racing. Unfortunatly with Terry's transmission issues and our lack of coordination with our starts, we didn't really provide a solid win/loose situation. (but very close) I can tell you that I did put down 422 RWHP and 448 FT/LBS on FFTEC's Mustang dyno. I pulled on that dyno last spring at the open house and only made 365 RWHP with meth and pump gas. Also Terry commented about my trap times at 118, but those were on an old flash and e85 tune with only 2 deg of advance. Unfortunately I can't give you actual 1/4 mile traps today because I just flashed and tuned yesterday for this weekends event. Also, it's hard to compair a stripped out 135 and a full weight 335, not to mention I have well over 100 lbs on Terry. So all in all, it was a fun race and we both had a good time. I'll be there again tomorrow, so if anyone else wants to see first hand what the back end of my car looks like, feel free to look me up. Click here to enlarge
    Yes we had a great time! I think all those GOPROs were slowing your car down too. Click here to enlarge My advice would be to install a set of K1s all around with drag radials, and remove the pass seat (takes 5 min), and put your reservations aside to go for the 2nd gear launch. With those changes you might have a good shot at taking or at least matching my 125mph stock turbo trap record. Click here to enlarge

    Edit: Just read your later reply re our race. Keep in mind it's not the mods that make the car faster, it's the tune. So our first race I ran ~19.5psi w/ 12 degrees peak advance. Our second race ~18.5psi w/ 12 degrees peak advance. In those trims I make around 485rw and 475rw respectively on the dynojet. I'd guess my car is at least 200# lighter including our weight difference (I'm 200#). So if you are making say 450rw on a dynojet then if everything went to plan I imagine I would wind up 4-5 cars ahead at 160. But with the botched starts, and me stopping at 140 in the second race, we may not have wound up that far apart. That isn't to say I can't raise my boost to 21psi and run 15 degrees advance (as I did on the dyno) and easily make a lot more power.

    Stock turbos with 20psi and a lot of advance can run really well. Believe me I ran that combo for a long time and managed 125mph traps with it, along with 8.5 60-130s. But at some point you hit the limit and want to go faster. Enter larger turbos. If you are curious how your car stacks up against mine in a similarly aggressive tune or other cars my advice would be to measure the 60-130 times with a VBOX. It's a great way to do remote comparisons. And if you are running say 7.8s with the runway incline I'll be the first to say you were running side by side with how my car was running at the runway. I think next time around once the trans is sorted I'll run on the E60 instead of MS109 and crank the advance up a few degrees.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-11-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,223
    Rep Points
    6,059.5
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this what has occasionally happened to me at the drag strip..
    twice since i got in the 11s ive shifted into 4th at 6100rpm or so and it jumped back to 3rd and redlined out b4 auto shifting into 4th again...
    Sucked lol
    No I don't think so. What happens is once in 5th gear under full load the transmission randomly unloads. It's not clear if its the clutches or torque converter unlocking. But when it happens RPM jumps through the roof (scary!) and bad things ensue. Since so few automatics run these power levels up to 160mph I don't have much data on the problem other than it was happening to one of my customers all day. And then started suddenly happening to me. This is different than my normal 2nd and 4th gear trans slippage. This log was against a really fast turbo E36 IIRC. We were neck and neck before I cut out but he apparently had a secret over boost mode he was waiting to use if I creeped. Click here to enlarge

    Also interestingly I was using VP109 yesterday instead of my usual E60 and my advance actually was much worse. Ethanol FTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •