Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Its to much for stock internals but its good to see the blower being able to handle it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Its to much for stock internals but its good to see the blower being able to handle it.
    So you dialing it down?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Of course with 9.5 psi we are making 501whp on our mustang dyno which is 560 dynojet . With stock rims like in the video I posted earlier it makes 535 whp mustang back to back to back on the same boost.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 11-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Wow thats some great power! If I ever get an M3 an Active kit might be my future..that or Evolve..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I love it when someone isnt afraid to try new things and change it up a bit. Ive always liked Actives dealings with their people and more about options, customer service, repeatability, performance and reliability to match the true enthusiasts. If i wasn't so eager to be different, i would have gotten a AA kit myself w/o question.

So, even though im not an actual customer of AA (for individuality reason alone) take solice that I fully support you and your endevours, and approve of your actions and products.

I think I still have more miles behind AK's AA m3 than my own Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I love it when soomeone isnt a fraid to try new things and change it up a bit. Ive always liked Actives dealings with their people and more about options customer service, repeatability, performance and reliability. If i was so eager to be different, i would have gotten a AA kit myself.

So, even though im not an actual customer of AA (for individuality reason alone) take solice that I fully support you and your endevours, and approve of your actions and products.

I think I still have more miles behind AK's AA m3 than my own Click here to enlarge
    You sound like you are running for office.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You sound like you are running for office.

ive been doind 20-36 hr shifts for many many days now, currently on hour 30, so its probably just some delusions of self granduer coming out in how im speaking.. FB is evident of that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I love it when someone isnt afraid to try new things and change it up a bit. Ive always liked Actives dealings with their people and more about options, customer service, repeatability, performance and reliability to match the true enthusiasts. If i wasn't so eager to be different, i would have gotten a AA kit myself w/o question.

What a positive response! Ill have some dyno's for our new supercharger options very soon Click here to enlarge

Ps: Lost marine if you ever want to come to the dark side please let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The biggest thing we've found is how much more efficient the Rotrex is. If you notice on the graph the Rotrex is actually making less boost across the board until you hit about 7000rpm. It makes less boost and more power everywhere and can flow more up top as well. This thing is extremely promising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

is the redline raised with the Rotrex sc setup?
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

level 1- 6 psi No meth
    level 2- 8 psi No meth
    level 3- 9-9.5 psi + meth

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    You guys aren't the dark side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zak@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    The biggest thing we've found is how much more efficient the Rotrex is. If you notice on the graph the Rotrex is actually making less boost across the board until you hit about 7000rpm. It makes less boost and more power everywhere and can flow more up top as well. This thing is extremely promising.
    Yep, what are the specs on this blower?

It mirrors the other blower pretty well offering no torque compromise under the curve yet with much more topend. Interesting blower to be sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

level 1- 6 psi No meth
    level 2- 8 psi No meth
    level 3- 9-9.5 psi + meth

Click here to enlarge
    The 90mm pulley with 20 inch wheels is... well, I wouldn't run that setup when you can have over 100 whp more. Crazy what 3 psi and meth can do for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

It will put another 35whp down on the stock wheels so don't count it out just yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

It will put another 35whp down on the stock wheels so don't count it out just yet Click here to enlarge
    Why doesn't this guy just run some lightweight 19's if he's concerned with performance? Tell him to buy my HRE C90's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

It more accurate to "see the light" than come to the dark side Click here to enlarge

I have the blower i have not because of vendor preference though, so changes are coming, how drastic remains to be seen. Unfortunatly, the individuality aspect takes AA off the list, for now- Unless AK decides get into a different car and sell the E90 to my wife Click here to enlarge

My biggest challenge currently, is A. Still have an M at all, or B, Rotrex or Vortech based blown M3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Awesome, you guys do such wonderful things to Bimmers...I would like to thank you guys for helping me out with my 2 E36s through out the years. I myself have a rotex C30Click here to enlarge on my E36 M3, but it's not nearly making as much power as the C38. I actually might want to upgrade my C30 and get a C38-92 on a S65, but I know the HKS for the S52s put up great numbers. Actually one of my good friends, Nic, who has that HKS stage 2 kit on his 2000 M Roadster with full Supersprint exhaust, and just a M50 manifold, UUC Evo 3 is making 426 whp!Click here to enlarge Sorry to thread jack, but you guys at Active Autowerke are awesome!
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, what are the specs on this blower?

It mirrors the other blower pretty well offering no torque compromise under the curve yet with much more topend. Interesting blower to be sure.

HKS 8555 is rated at 918 CFM
    Rotrex C38 91/92 is rated at 1205 CFM
    Vortech V3si is rated to 1150 CFM

Don't quote me 100% on those conversions, both manufacturers use some odd-ball flow rates instead of something standard like kg/hr, CFM, or lbs/hr.

The rotrex 92 offers a larger housing, think S-cover in the turbo world. The wheel is not setup any differently but the cover breathes better.

Now the comparison with the Vortech. There are alot of other factors not taken in to account here. These are peak flow numbers but do nothing to reveal how the blower acts in anything other than 100% speed. The wheel geometry can change the dynamics through the blower rev range quite a bit. It is noticeable that the Rotrex/HKS units offer more flow at lower revs than the Vortech, which tends to be a bit peaky. Blowers can be under/over spun etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmer182 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome, you guys do such wonderful things to Bimmers...I would like to thank you guys for helping me out with my 2 E36s through out the years. I myself have a rotex C30Click here to enlarge on my E36 M3, but it's not nearly making as much power as the C38. I actually might want to upgrade my C30 and get a C38-92 on a S65, but I know the HKS for the S52s put up great numbers. Actually one of my good friends, Nic, who has that HKS stage 2 kit on his 2000 M Roadster with full Supersprint exhaust, and just a M50 manifold, UUC Evo 3 is making 426 whp!Click here to enlarge Sorry to thread jack, but you guys at Active Autowerke are awesome!

Thank you for the kind words!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zak@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    HKS 8555 is rated at 918 CFM
    Rotrex C38 91/92 is rated at 1205 CFM
    Vortech V3si is rated to 1150 CFM

Don't quote me 100% on those conversions, both manufacturers use some odd-ball flow rates instead of something standard like kg/hr, CFM, or lbs/hr.

The rotrex 92 offers a larger housing, think S-cover in the turbo world. The wheel is not setup any differently but the cover breathes better.

Now the comparison with the Vortech. There are alot of other factors not taken in to account here. These are peak flow numbers but do nothing to reveal how the blower acts in anything other than 100% speed. The wheel geometry can change the dynamics through the blower rev range quite a bit. It is noticeable that the Rotrex/HKS units offer more flow at lower revs than the Vortech, which tends to be a bit peaky. Blowers can be under/over spun etc.
    Good stuff, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I skimmed through rotrex website, they seem to have a good design. I think they are a very promising choice of supercharger.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Im planning a trip to go drive an AA/Rotrex car in the near future

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Nice! Did you end up with an evolve kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

@NikB316 might still have his E92 M3 with the Rotrex
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast