Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RB turbo question possible problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's just frustrated and no used to how big of a bunch of babies most of you all. Always screaming, crying, fighting, and crapping your pants.

Takes some thick skin to not let the forum nonsense get to you in the BMW world. Just let them do their thing, I'm sure he's not the first vendor to want to say $#@! it out of the frustration many of you cause. Not you specifically, general terms.
    I agree this community is filled with non-stop whiners, and it's pretty pathetic. Probably a flood of younger, imature owners came in because these cars can be had for low 20's nowadays.

Vargas makes a good point. It took Rob what, a year to make his turbo's using the OEM TD04 center section? I don't think Rob should be casting any stones at an industry about to mass produce these turbos in less than 6 months, with new innovations putting it ahead of the OEM TD04.

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Vargas makes a good point. It took Rob what, a year to make his turbo's using the OEM TD04 center section? I don't think Rob should be casting any stones at an industry about to mass produce these turbos in less than 6 months, with new innovations putting it ahead of the OEM TD04.
    Exactly, any criticism at this point is freaking absurd considering the timeline comparison and the progress by Vargas in comparison. He's working much faster and it's no surprise since this is a large company compared to an individual in their garage.

The reason Rob is upset is because this will cut into his income. It was smooth and he had this market all to himself basically. Well, that's over with now. Rob should have planned better for the future.

Hurray competition.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, as a potential customer, this statement worries me.

I'm not going to be taking sides with either Vargas or RB, because both of you have had your fair share of issues arguing in each other's threads that was un-called for. Let's just grow up a little bit guys.
    Obviously I am not throwing anything away, nor backing off my promises to provide a quality product. Just frustration speaking. I think you guys need to understand. I have never done business this way. I deal with large companies that provide you with a PO number appreciate your work and are loyal. I am not used to a bunch of people on the internet I have never met attacking me because I saw a market I thought could use some products while giving me a great outlet to use my turbocharger knowledge and resources in a much less boring way then building monsters. I should be biting my tongue and taking the high road, I apologize for the rant, but I don't care who you are you can only be pushed so far by someone who knows nothing about you, spewing nonsense out of their mouths. RB has a turbo that works. That's not a monumental feat, I think because this platform has been so left out in the cold it feels like one, but honestly guys its not. Almost every performance car platform has 5-10 vendors vying for the same consumer dollar and the forums I have been on, they all treat each other with respect. The amount of just blatant disrespect by people who have never met you in your life nor know anything about your business is mind blowing. Like I said, I honestly think about 5 people on here are wrecking it for everyone. I'll get you guys that update next week, just want to wait for a few more things to come in.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
    N54 OEM - Stage 2 Batch 2 available!
    N55 Stage 1 - 2 upgrade available!
    Stage 3 production kits almost here!
    Shotgun HPFP upgrade pre-order now!
    N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 644WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I certainly do and vendors don't pay to get bashed by someone who just wants to piggyback off others exposure to sell his product. Vargas is going about it the right way, Rob isn't.

Agreed.

He should complain about it, guest vendor crapping all over him? The RB turbos are in the past, nice little run. Time to move on and move forward with more competitive options and at the end of the day you all win.

I agree. Robs way of handling this is terrible. I am not one sided because I have his products. I would like to see more options for the n54. I don't see them being old news due to being the only good upgraded twin option that actually put down numbers. Until other people get results with there attempts I wouldn't call them old news. I wish nothing but the best for Vargas. But when all I see is lips running with no numbers I am skeptical. I am just a person for cold hard data not glitz and glamor.
    2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

And I understand r and d takes time. But y not get ur docks in a row and get some numbers before you come on the forums and still have no updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litz4244 Click here to enlarge
    But when all I see is lips running with no numbers I am skeptical. I am just a person for cold hard data not glitz and glamor.
    He's updating everyone step by step. Do people think you just jump straight to numbers? I like seeing the process unfold personally and being informed as to what is going on.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

He's updating everyone step by step. Do people think you just jump straight to numbers? I like seeing the process unfold personally and being informed as to what is going on.

I understand that. Everybody is different though. If I was to bring a product to market I would at least have some kinda prototype done with some kinda of rough numbers before I started going on. Plus his stage one car has been done for a while where r the numbers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

And I understand r and d takes time. But y not get ur docks in a row and get some numbers before you come on the forums and still have no updates.
    In hindsight I should have gotten further along before announcing, I am not ashamed to admit this, but hey live and learn. The further I got into it I decided I wasn't happy with doing it one way so I decided to take some steps that are will take more time and cost more money but I felt were worth it. I understand people getting impatient, but man this is a tough crowd. I try to keep everyone updated, but I can create parts out of thin air. I wish I could. As my vendors make me time frame promises and then break them unfortunately it rolls on down hill. Not much I can do about it, but let you guys know and hope you understand. Two people felt they could not wait any longer and I fully understood and returned their money no questions asked. I will do the same for anyone.
    Last edited by VargasTurboTech; 11-09-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

I understand that. Everybody is different though. If I was to bring a product to market I would at least have some kinda prototype done with some kinda of rough numbers before I started going on. Plus his stage one car has been done for a while where r the numbers?
    When you start building products you do it your way. I think getting feedback, introducing yourself to the community, then telling them step by step what you are doing makes sense.

Instead everyone wants instant gratification. I'd be frustrated too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Obviously I am not throwing anything away, nor backing off my promises to provide a quality product. Just frustration speaking. I think you guys need to understand. I have never done business this way. I deal with large companies that provide you with a PO number appreciate your work and are loyal. I am not used to a bunch of people on the internet I have never met attacking me because I saw a market I thought could use some products while giving me a great outlet to use my turbocharger knowledge and resources in a much less boring way then building monsters. I should be biting my tongue and taking the high road, I apologize for the rant, but I don't care who you are you can only be pushed so far by someone who knows nothing about you, spewing nonsense out of their mouths. RB has a turbo that works. That's not a monumental feat, I think because this platform has been so left out in the cold it feels like one, but honestly guys its not. Almost every performance car platform has 5-10 vendors vying for the same consumer dollar and the forums I have been on, they all treat each other with respect. The amount of just blatant disrespect by people who have never met you in your life nor know anything about your business is mind blowing. Like I said, I honestly think about 5 people on here are wrecking it for everyone. I'll get you guys that update next week, just want to wait for a few more things to come in.
    Looking forward to the update. Don't let someone (Rob) get in your way of development, it's just not worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

When you start building products you do it your way. I think getting feedback, introducing yourself to the community, then telling them step by step what you are doing makes sense.

Instead everyone wants instant gratification. I'd be frustrated too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

Stage one car had turbos installed, I found a part that I felt was not manufactured properly. I promptly pulled the turbos off the car and put fresh stock turbos on his car so he could drive it. New parts are supposed to ship in exactly 7 days. We actually went to the Dyno today for a baseline. Car made decent power on stock turbos, with a procede FBO and meth. Problem was he couldn't get the meth working kinda frustrating. I will post dyno graphs prob tomorrow. But on 18 psi no meth, the cars best run it put down 381HP and 435tq on a dyno jet. The first run was 378HP and 398tq. The hp stayed about the same for all runs but saw some torque gains. When I test with the stage ones in a few weeks I am going to do so with a tuner present as it would make things go a lot smoother.
    Last edited by VargasTurboTech; 11-09-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You're right. But I am not the only one that's skeptical with no numbers. But I am done arguing on a web forum. I wish them nothing but success and hope to see a great final product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Stage one car had turbos installed, I found a part that I felt was not manufactured properly. I promptly pulled the turbos off the car and put fresh stock turbos on his car so he could drive it. New parts are supposed to ship in exactly 7 days. We actually went to the Dyno today for a baseline. Car made decent power on stock turbos, with a procede FBO and meth. Problem wa she couldn't get the meth working and the car kept making less power as the day went on, kinda frustrating. I will post dyno graphs prob tomorrow. But on 18 psi no meth, the cars best run it put down 381HP and 435tq on a dyno jet. The first run was 378HP and 398tq. The hp stayed about the same for all runs but saw some torque gains. When I test with the stage ones in a few weeks I am going to do so with a tuner present as it would make things go a lot smoother.
    That's right, people are forgetting this. You got turbos on a car in record time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes I have more turbocharger knowledge than you do, had more when I was 18, we have been in business close to 40 years, how about you.
    This is all true and accurate?
    before responding, be advised, i rarely ask questions i dont already know the answer to...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This is all true and accurate?
    before responding, be advised, i rarely ask questions i dont already know the answer to...
    My father started the business and we were established in 1978, I started working for my father when I was about 15 and was rebuilding a lot of his turbos by the time I was 18. So whatever you think you found on the internet please share it with me. I am 37, worked for my father for 10 years, ran the entire business while he took 2 years off during that time. Moved to LA, did a lot in the Television industry, moved back a year ago to take over the business when he passed, decided industrial stuff paid the bills but wasn't really very exciting. This was ALL made clear in a previous post. If you want to tell me my life history better than me, lets hear it.

This is what it has come down to on these forums, me having to defend myself about my history and people threatening to try to "out" me about something. My turbocharger experience is as advertised, nothing else matters. I will no longer be responding to any threads unless I start them or they pertain to me. This place is worse then high school lately. For the people who are supportive, its appreciated. To people who just want to stir up drama. No time for you.
    Last edited by VargasTurboTech; 11-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

My father started the business and we were established in 1978, I started working for my father when I was about 15 and was rebuilding a lot of his turbos by the time I was 18. So whatever you think you found on the internet please share it with me. I am 37, worked for my father for 10 years, ran the entire business while he took 2 years off during that time. Moved to LA, did a lot in the Television industry, moved back a year ago to take over the business when he passed, decided industrial stuff paid the bills but wasn't really very exciting. This was ALL made clear in a previous post. If you want to tell me my life history better than me, lets hear it.

I think your math is a little fuzzy.. and 37 years old? damn.. your FB makes you looks around 30, not 40.. props on that. 15-23 is 8 years, 23-36 is 13 years, 36-37 is 1 year.. so "9" years "working" on turbos? and by working, we can assume a goo dportion is moving them around, id be piossed if a 15-20 yr old was the one rebuilding my turbos, as a OJT thing...Im away from my computer right now but im fairly certain misinformation is being shared. give me a few minutes.. ill see if i can get it here.

personal is irrelevent really, just odd you brought that up. point in fact, time in means nothing if you cant use it. either way, it means someone needs to go from text to finished product before its a solution to a customers needs. 2 weeks, 2 years, doesnt matter, right now, people have options, one of them isnt currently vargas, and currently is RB, the record holder...
    Last edited by LostMarine; 11-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

one of them isnt currently vargas, and currently is RB, the record holder...
    How are you supposed to be an option before completion? How can you hold RB working before Vargas entered the market against Vargas? It makes no sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    how can he say its better with more experience when the guy that just went through the process told him from day 1 its not a simple job and now the timeleines are pushed back months later and still accused of just profit mongering?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

I think your math is a little fuzzy.. and 37 years old? damn.. your FB makes you look about 27, props on that. Im away from my computer right now but im fairly certain misinformation is being shared. give me a few minutes.. ill see if i can get it here.

personal is irrelevent really, just odd you brought that up. point in fact, time in means nothing if you cant use it. either way, it means someone needs to go from text to finished product before its a solution to a customers needs. 2 weeks, 2 years, doesnt matter, right now, people have options, one of them isnt currently vargas, and currently is RB, the record holder...
    My math is fuzzy? I'm 37, worked for my dad for about 10-11 years starting in 90 when I was 15, moved to LA in January 01 that makes me 26, almost 27, moved back a year ago that makes me 36 almost 37, be 38 in 3 months. For the record looking 27 at 37 is called good genes. Glad you are getting your info from... facebook? Classic. Let me quote "point in fact, time means nothing if you cant use it" What does that even mean? Yes text to finished product, took your boy RB over a year, will take me half that at longest. But hey whos counting. Ok guys, cheers
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

how can he say its better with more experience when the guy that just went through the process told him from day 1 its not a simple job and now the timeleines are pushed back months later and still accused of just profit mongering?
    Who said it's simple? What does this have to do with anything? OMG timeline adjusted. Has it been a year or something?

Of course it's better to have more experience in the turbo industry. This guy has an actual storefront that has been supplying turbos. Rob is a guy on forums in his garage. Seriously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Who said it's simple? What does this have to do with anything? OMG timeline adjusted. Has it been a year or something?

Of course it's better to have more experience in the turbo industry. This guy has an actual storefront that has been supplying turbos. Rob is a guy on forums in his garage. Seriously.
    Wow. +1 on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Tony has my deposit, and I have absolutely no intentions at all of requesting to get it back.
    FWIW, me and tony work in the same industry(don't think I've forgotten about what you asked me, I'm working on it but things have been crazy since sandy hit) and R&D and parts shortages/supply issues are just a part of the game.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

My math is fuzzy? I'm 37, worked for my dad for about 10-11 years starting in 90 when I was 15, moved to LA in January 01 that makes me 26, almost 27, moved back a year ago that makes me 36 almost 37, be 38 in 3 months. For the record looking 27 at 37 is called good genes. Glad you are getting your info from... facebook? Classic. Let me quote "point in fact, time means nothing if you cant use it" What does that even mean? Yes text to finished product, took your boy RB over a year, will take me half that at longest. But hey whos counting. Ok guys, cheers
    you must be krunk still, i said props on that, you do look young, and obviously act young from comprehension,responses and those FB photo'sas for product, yea, text or finished product. a more aggressive way to say it is put up or shut up. my GSP analogy is pretty damn accurate right now. found out its not so simple. keep doing what your doing, much like everything else, time will tell. i mean, really TD doesnt have much of a presence, CPE never came through, EPL is a decent "upgrade" but no real presence, ASR, lol, ASR took the same path you are now, and years AFTER a "production" was released, still nothing.... so, for someone that has time rebuilding in his "garage" turbo's, RB has a pretty good name for himself. Never heard of the VTT upgrade on other cars though.It could be for the fact that as an enthusiast with talent and a day job, the time and effort he puts into RBs could easily be more than someone whos day job is turbo's, but gets sidetracked with doing immidiate work to pay the bills.. time will tell... just hope that time is more than 30K plus miles, and less than 11.1 seconds, or greater than 456ftlbs x 6k rpms/5252...
    Last edited by LostMarine; 11-10-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

ASR, lol, ASR took the same path you are now, and years AFTER a "production" was released, still nothing...
    I'd be careful when comparing someone to ASR. ASR stole tons of money from people and essentially took apart two M5's failing to deliver on the promised V10 twin turbo kit. Abid essentially stole from people so it's a completely different situation.

time will tell... just hope that time is more than 30K plus miles, and less than 11.1 seconds, or greater than 456ftlbs x 6k rpms/5252...
    To be a success doesn't mean people need to drag race and exceed other times. It needs to be a product that works as advertised and is priced as advertised. What users do with it is their business.

Seriously, give him time to do his thing and just be patient. I don't know what you have your panties in a twist about.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast