Thread: BMW M Performance Steering Wheel (New)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

BMW M Performance Steering Wheel (New)

This is pretty cool in my opinion. Since it's pulling from the computer - probably pretty accurate. Not as good as going to a track, but would definitely give you a pretty good idea of where things stand after a mod (or when the weather is good) - check it out:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Great Vid.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods: GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, 3K AE's/Low Beams, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

bobS is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Very cool, I like the wheel for the e9x platform, not sure it's worth over 1k though...
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

BMW explains the features of the BMW M Performance Steering Wheel in a new video

The BMW M Performance Steering wheel is just quite simply way cool. The newer version of the wheel sports an updated LCD screen which is capable of displaying fuel economy/efficient dynamics index and the water/oil temperature. When put in sports mode the wheel will display performance information such as how many g's you are pulling when cornering and display a shift light. This data is all stored and can be referenced later as it would be difficult to do so while cornering.

Click here to enlarge

Race mode is where it is really at as it can tell you what your laptime was on the circuit you are on. In addition to that, you can select 1/4 mile mode which will measure your 1/4 mile time and turn any nice empty stretch into a dragstrip complete with the starting Christmas tree lights provided by the wheel. Very, very cool indeed. Check out the video below.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

MMMMMarketing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    MMMMMarketing
    Ya but it's a damn cool wheel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yeah, of course it's marketing - but it's cool. I mean, for 400 dollars, you can get a G-Tech, which is probably less accurate than this steering wheel. It's actually not too bad of a price for a steering wheel - considering what it is. I would bite, but need to start putting on some performance parts... Been talking about it way too long. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wanted this for my 1M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Wanted this for my 1M.
    Did you end up keeping your 1M?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Think he got rid of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It's gone. The only way I could of kept it was to pay in full, which would of never passed through the bankruptcy court anyway even if I had the money. There was a plan at first but the signing of the settlement took too long and the car was already in the repo yard. It was voluntary too, I handed it over when they showed up and whoever gets it will have a nice Tial Bypass valve and CP-E chargepipe ready for a meth nozzle.

I at least got to pull my JB4 off. I have that, my Coolingmist WW kit and a Cobb AP with 1M files for sale. Really low on money right now from paying two different types of lawyers.

Don't let friends ride your dirtbike (or use anything else really) without signing a good Release of Liability document...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

It's gone. The only way I could of kept it was to pay in full, which would of never passed through the bankruptcy court anyway even if I had the money. There was a plan at first but the signing of the settlement took too long and the car was already in the repo yard. It was voluntary too, I handed it over when they showed up and whoever gets it will have a nice Tial Bypass valve and CP-E chargepipe ready for a meth nozzle.

I at least got to pull my JB4 off. I have that, my Coolingmist WW kit and a Cobb AP with 1M files for sale. Really low on money right now from paying two different types of lawyers.

Don't let friends ride your dirtbike (or use anything else really) without signing a good Release of Liability document...
    Are yout $#@!ing Kidding me? Please don't tell me that youout your 1M because of a dumbass that wants something for nothing!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are yout $#@!ing Kidding me? Please don't tell me that youout your 1M because of a dumbass that wants something for nothing!
    Mad parents. Somehow getting money from me is going to sooth their pain. I was claimed negligent for letting my friend drive my dirtbike with his girlfriend on the back. I somehow was supposed to know he was going to crash, and am being accused as partly responsible. I guess I did provide the medium, but if you let someone borrow a pencil and they kill themselves, is it really your fault? He had experience and he had ridden it with someone on the back prior to that event without any injury.

Also, isn't the person who decides to ride on the back partially responsible as well? Nobody forced her on to the bike...

*Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Mad parents. Somehow getting money from me is going to sooth their pain. I was claimed negligent for letting my friend drive my dirtbike with his girlfriend on the back. I somehow was supposed to know he was going to crash, and am being accused as partly responsible. I guess I did provide the medium, but if you let someone borrow a pencil and they kill themselves, is it really your fault? He had experience and he had ridden it with someone on the back prior to that event without any injury.

Also, isn't the person who decides to ride on the back partially responsible as well? Nobody forced her on to the bike...

Seriously, $#@! people like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

WTF...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone die?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Autobahn335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Wait, so you get penalized because soemone crashed with your bike?? Damn, that's crazy, US laws are wicked! Here in Europe, you only could get involved if for example you knew the bike was in very bad condition (brakes not working properly or similar) and still let the other drive without making him aware of this.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: Transmission cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bike was and still is in great condition. Just needs a carb cleaning. YZ450F. And yes his girlfriend passed away. Brain swelling and bleeding, from hitting sand. Was in a coma for three days before passing. Wear helmets. (Unless you honestly don't care about dying)

Sorena is offline Senior Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

That's very unfortunate that she passed away. Going into coma for hitting

But WTF this has anything to do with you?! I'm very sorry to hear this. I thought the situation was something like an unwanted child.

What happened to your friend?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i
    Here in Europe, you only could get involved if for example you knew the bike was in very bad condition (brakes not working properly or similar) and still let the other drive without making him aware of this.

Even at that situation, it's the rider's responsibility to check the vehicle not the owner.

Itsbrokeagain is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Stupid lawyers....taking on such a case and nailing you to the stake.